1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 12 2007, 06:08 PM) [snapback]404466[/snapback]</div>
    You're the one that included yourself in with the puppets!

I saw you more as someone with some real considerations?

I'm really sorry for irritating those to whom the scriptures are blocked... but when i explain, I use them as my backing to show I'm not speaking my mere opinions.

If you want the scriptures opened up to you.... ask it of God.

The bible looks like greek when it is not opened to you.

(Luke 24:30 NKJV) Now it came to pass, as He sat at the table with them, that He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them.
    (Luke 24:31 NKJV) Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight.
    (Luke 24:32 NKJV) And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?"

(Luke 24:45 NKJV) And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 12 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]404469[/snapback]</div>
    Funny...a few posts ago...maybe 700 or so...you told me that it was apparent I worshipped the dark lord. Maybe I'm misquoting you--p'raps it was loveit who said that--but whatever the case, it was one of you two. To be honest, you two are kinda melding into one.

3. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 12 2007, 06:35 PM) [snapback]404446[/snapback]</div>
    How can I reject a DEAD MAN?

4. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Mar 12 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]404445[/snapback]</div>
    You guys with your eyes clouded by angel dust aren't gonna answer so I looked it up myself. Yes, courtesy IS in the bible, exactly ONCE in the entire manuscript. Only once, but the contextual paragraph is VERY relevant to much of this thread (and other threads in the same theme). Windstrings and other rabid evangelists would do well, I think, to take serious note of what THEIR VERY OWN book of instructions has to say:

1st Peter chapter 3, verses 8-15:

8 Summing up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. 9 That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless - that's your job, to bless. You'll be a blessing and also get a blessing. 10 Whoever wants to embrace life and see the day fill up with good, Here's what you do: Say nothing evil or hurtful; 11 Snub evil and cultivate good; run after peace for all you're worth. 12 God looks on all this with approval, listening and responding well to what he's asked; But he turns his back on those who do evil things. 13 If with heart and soul you're doing good, do you think you can be stopped? 14 Even if you suffer for it, you're still better off. Don't give the opposition a second thought. 15 Through thick and thin, keep your hearts at attention, in adoration before Christ, your Master. Be ready to speak up and tell anyone who asks why you're living the way you are, and always with the utmost courtesy.

5. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd heartedly recommend the advise in 1st Peter chapter 3, verses 8-15:
    be practiced by all members involved in this thread. That and The Golden Rule.

6. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Mar 12 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]404510[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for this one, Mark. Of course, I'm sure we're about to hear exactly why and how we've interpreted this passage incorrectly.

This is a great passage. I think I may print it out. Thanks...

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 12 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]404482[/snapback]</div>
    We are two completely different people with different backgrounds.. the only reason it appears we are melting together as one is because we are of the same spirit.

Brothers and sisters in Christ seem closer than your blood familiy in most cases.. let me correct that.... in "all" cases unless your blood family is also of like spirit in that they have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them too.

Its a mystery which I find fun to talk about.. because most of the other mature christians know exactly what I'm talking about if they are aquainted with the Holy Spirit.

Knowing things by natural means separates all of us, but when in the spirit realm, all things come together as one when they are all of that same spirit because we are all of the same family as we share the same Father even though we attend a different church.

(1 Cor 12:7 NKJV) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
    (1 Cor 12:8 NKJV) for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
    (1 Cor 12:9 NKJV) to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
    (1 Cor 12:10 NKJV) to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
    (1 Cor 12:11 NKJV) But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

(John 3:6 NKJV) "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Why do you keep taking it as an insult that I speak things you know not of?...
    Its not mean't to insult you, but to inspire you to seek?

Why would you turn away the good things of the Lord and discount them as evil?

8. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Mar 12 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]404427[/snapback]</div>
    Rufaro, please note that I didn't say you were dammed.

So you feel insulted because I used a name that a group of people used, and you feel that it didn't include you, or you didn't want to be included in that group. Or that to even think I should even use the name of "Jew" at all because I am not "a Jew."

I don't think it works that way. That's like saying you can't use the "C" word because you are not Christian.

If you call yourself a "Completed Jew", you are identifying yourself as a Jew who believes in Christ. So if you don't want to be viewed that way, then DON'T use that terminology.

I understand where you are coming from, but I am just telling you that people will think that you are a Jew who believes in Jesus.

You can read inbetween the lines all you want, but I don't operate that way.

BUT I do thank you for the "THIS" article that you posted. I read it, and it helps me to understand better how the Jewish people think about the Messiah and His coming.

I can fully appreciate where you are coming from pertaining to the article.

I can also better understand why things are going to happen in Jerusalem the way the prophets foretold it long ago, with God's beloved people.

You see, if you would read about the "abomination of desolation" taking place in the Holy Temple, you will understand why I say I can better understand what will happen in the future; not only according to the Old Testament as we call it, but also according to the New Testament, especially the book of Revelation.

The only thing that I can tell you from what I know is that there will be a man who will come and he will proclaim himself to be Messiah. He will seem to fulfill the requirements of making peace on earth among all the peoples and nations, and to mete out justice, but he just won't be the Messiah.

Why? Now be patient with me and hear me out.

It will definitely be like it was back in Moses' time. Moses went to pharoah many times with the staff that God gave to him, and he performed many miracles with it. BUT the magicians did the same thing.

Pharoah's heart was hardened saying there was no god but his god, and he wouldn't let God's own people leave to worship Him.

You and I both know what happens in the end, the Lord God Almighty did at least two really big miracles no one could deny, and it led to the freedom of the Jews from Pharaoh.

The first was the Passover where every first born of man and beast died unless they were COVERED BY THE BLOOD. The second didn't leave any doubt at all: the parting of the Red Sea, the horses and riders thrown into the sea.

When I say that it will be definitely like it was back in Moses time, it means that for every miracle this man performs, (and I am not talking about Messiah, this man will be from the dark side, very dark), your people will be deceived. The reason I say this is that this man will be the devil himself.

Now hear me out, please.

The reason is that Satan, the devil himself, is the father of all lies, he is the accuser of the brethern, and a MASTER DECEIVER. He deceived Eve into eating the "forbidden fruit," and he will deceive the peoples and nations again.

And so, the thing is, this man will come and set up a peace treaty with God's chosen people.
    This man will seem to have all the answers to all the problems. And many will believe that he is the son of god, and the prince of peace. But he is very evil. He only wants for himself what is not his at all: to take God's place in the Holy of Holies and God's worship which belongs to no one but God Himself.

Yes, he is the devil from hell himself. He has been trying since the time he was kicked out of heaven and thrown down to earth with a third of his cohorts, to be just like God. As a matter of fact, that's what he has been predicted to do.

Once the temple has been rebuilt in Jerusalem, (and it will be rebuilt), this can only happen when the peace treaty has been signed. But things will get really bad the whole world over before this happens.

The ark of the covenant according to the old testament will never be found for God has it. And so the Ark of the Covenant will not be in the new, rebuilt Temple.

Revelation Chapter 11 verse 19 "Then, in heaven, the Temple of God was opened and the Ark of His Covenant could be seen inside of the Temple. Lighting flashed, thunder crased and roared; there was a great hailstorm, and the world was shaken by a mighty earthquake."

So when the temple is rebuilt it will only have two rooms in it. The outter room, and the Holy Of Holies.

In the Holy of Holies there will be the lampstand and the throne.

The peace treaty will be signed and it will be "a contract" for 7 years.

Then the daily sacrifices will take place once again, morning, noon, and evening. (Utensils and such are already prepared, the lineage of Aaron has been discovered, and the red heifer is, well for lack of a better word, almost finished as it is being genetically created. Work is still being done on it. Preparation is being made for this very event.)

Of course, there will be many flocking to Jerusalem, and that is very well understood.

But, the peace treaty will be broken after 3 years time. This man who every one thought is the Messiah because he fulfills the two requirements of peace and justice, will break the covenant of peace with the Jewish people, and all HELL will break loose.

Many will think he is God. He will do just like Pharoah's magicians did. He will perform signs and wonders. As a matter of fact he will bring his high ranking assistant back to life who died from a serious head injury or wound. The people will be deceived and believe a lie.

What this man from hell does parallels everything that Jesus Christ ever did, but he is not the Prince nor is he the Messiah.

Then he will go into the Holy Of Holies and sit on the throne which is reserved for God alone.

At this time, the mountains will quake and fall, the seas will be turbulent. Many things will take place during this time. One of them is the fact that there will be a final war when this man of "lawlessness" is revealed.

In the New Testament of the Bible, Paul, who was formerly Saul, says in the book of II Thessalonians Chapter 2 verses 3-11:

"For that day, (the 2nd coming of Messiah), will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed-the one who brings destruction. He will exalt himself and defy every god there is and tear down every object of adoration and worship. He will position himself in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God. Don't you remember that I told you this when I was with you? And you know what is holding him back, for he can be revealed only when his time comes. For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it bakc steps out of the way. Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, whom the Messiah will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy by the splendor of His coming. This evil man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. He will use every kind of wicked deception to fool those who are on their way to destruction because they refuse to believe the truth,(that is believe Jesus is Messiah), that would save. So God will send great deception upon them, and they will believe all these lies. Then they will be condemned for not believing the truth and for enjoying the evil they do."

This "man of lawlessness" will be Satan's tool. He will be equipped with Satan's power and he will be the ANTI-Christ.

There are several possibilities that hold back this "man of lawlessness."

1) government and law, which help curb evil; but even now adays that is not doing much, it's getting worse

2) the body of believers, which is why we are exhorted to be filled with the Holy Spirit, because man cannot live a life pleasing to God at all, that's why we accept the shed blood of Christ on the cross as OUR ATONEMENT FOR OUR SIN, and we are in right standing with God because of it, our belief in that is accounted unto us as righteousness

3) the Holy Spirit, only He will not restrain the "man of lawlessness" forever, he will be let loose and go forth to deceive the nations

You think things are bad now with all the murders, rapes, evil things going on. We have yet to see the real horror of complete lawlessness.

Why will this happen? IT IS SO GOD CAN SHOW MAN HOW SINFUL HE IS, and to show us by bitter experience what THIS ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE IS APART FROM GOD.

We believe that the body of Christ's believers, including Jews who believe in Jesus, (please note that I am not using the previous term which so offends you), will not be here when it happens.

We believe that we will be snatched away, (rapture), to be with Messiah in heaven before, what we call His second return, to earth takes place.

Then God will pour out His judgements on the earth. (It will be like when the father gave his disobedient son a licking with the belt he will never forget.)

The judgments are listed in the book of Revelation.

Revelation Chapter 6 talks about how Messiah will open the seven seals, and within the seals will be punishment poured out on the earth.

This is part of what is mentioned in the article you linked for me to read, about Messiah judging the nations.

"As I watched, the Lamb broke the first of the seven seals on the scroll. Then one of the four living beings called out with a voice that sounded like thunder, "Come!" I looked up and saw a white horse. Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed on his head. He rode out to wind many battles and gain the victory."

And so forth. Much more, but you should get or borrow a bible to read the rest and the other chapters I will list below.

Revelation Chapters 8 and 9 speak about the seven trumpets blown by the mighty angels. These will affect all of God's creation: 1st angel's trumpet: "hail & fire mixed with blood were thrown down upon the earth, ect." 2nd angel's trumpet: "a great mountain of fire was thrown into the sea. And one third of the water in the sea became blood. And one-third of all things living in the sea died. And one-third of all the ships on the sea were destroyed." So forth through the 7th and last angel.

These Chapters in Revelation talks about the terrors that are coming to the earth before Messiah comes.

"But that is not yet the end. There will be two witnesses sent to earth to testify of God and Messiah to give men one last chance to repent of their sin and to give God the glory. These men will have great power." They will be able to do the same things that Moses and Aaron did so many thousands of years ago.

"But when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the bottomless pit will declare war on them. He will conquer and kill them, and their bodies will lie in the main street in Jerusalem for 3 1/2 days and people will rejoice and give one another presents because of the prophets who tormented the people. No one will be allowed to bury them."

"Then God will raise them up and call them to Himself. In that same time frame, there will be a terrible earthquake that destroyed a tenth of the city. Seven thousand people died in that earthquake. And everyone who did not die was terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven. The second terror is past, but look now the third terror is coming quickly."

When you look at the book of Revelation and see that the judgments to be poured out are listed twice, it means that God will perform that which He has spoken.

Just like Moses took off his sandals before the burning bush, and he parted parted the Red Sea.

And so The Commander of Host of the Lord's Armies appeared before Joshua telling him to take off his sandals. And Joshua parted the Jordan River for the priests carring the ark of the covenant to cross to the other side on dry land, and the people followed after them.

God Almighty did the same thing both for Moses and Joshua.

For that reason two is a very significant number. It also stands for witness and testimony. The testimony of one person and the collaboration of another person will stand up in a court of law. It takes 2 people to do that.

But in Chapter 13 of Revelation if talks about this beast, the evil one. He is allowed to speak many blasphemies against God for 42 months. The beast was allowed to wage war against God's holy people and TO OVERCOME THEM. (In other words, the evil one may be able to kill them physically but he cannot harm spiritually.)

We believe that each person's spirit lives forever.

So when we received Messiah/Jesus as Lord and Savior, that even though we will die a physical death, we have a new spirit born of God called the Holy Spirit through His Son Jesus. And like Messiah/Jesus we will never die spiritually.

One day we will have a new incorruptible body just like His when He was resurrected when He returns.

"This man of lawlessness, the devil, will do many signs and wonders but all of it will be done to deceive the people for his own purposes. He will order the people to make a statue of a beast and to worship it. Those who do not worship it must die."

"But for the ones that decide to worship the beast they will be given the number of the beast, either on the arm or the forehead: the number 666."

It is the devils seal saying that this man is his property and belongs to him and not God. Man will not be able to buy or sell without this mark.

Likewise, the seal of the Holy Spirit is God's mark on that man that he is His property. A mark the man willingly receives when he makes Jesus the Lord, and Savior of his life.

Man will not be able to fight this battle. God never intended for him to do that.

That's why it says: "Stand and see the salvation of the Lord."

This is God's battle. He will share His glory with NO ONE.

These seals that Messiah opens according to the book of Revelation, will set in motion the events that will bring human history to an end.

It will be the army of hell against the Lord Of Host and His armies.

We know that Messiah wins.

EVERY KNEE WILL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS THAT JESUS IS LORD TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER.

That includes all enemies. Believers won't have that problem because they already confess Jesus as Lord.

Christ was crucified on a cross for all of mankind.

His BLOOD was shed for all of OUR SINS.

He IS THE PASSOVER LAMB.

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wow! Loveit... you may have beaten me for length on that one!.. LOL!

I appreciate all the effort you have poured into this thread.
    I only hope it was worth it... I really think it was to some....

Humm.. well I went back about 50 posts.. checking every one... all I could find is constant rebuttal, resistance, rejection of Christ.

I see no more inquisitions for truth..... only anger at it.

I see looong explainations by myself and others who have given quality replys that were not off the cuff to really try and answer what appeared to be some serious aquisitions.

It really grieves me at the intense anger and pride is sense that rejects correction or any guidance at all for that matter.

There have been several of us that have shared quite intimate details of our past trying to indentify and draw close to the crowd out here.

The replys I have seen appear as angry vipers or its like trying to console and angry bee hive.......

This is not a battle of who wins or not.... this thread has already broken all records of length as well as dissention.

I feel good about a select few that have appreciated all the dialouge... there has been allot of very revealing scripture considered, yet many are only angry and hate the God they say doesn't exist as well as all who represent him. Thats pretty sad since God is the only one that really loves them on this dark planet... all others will turn thier own way when the time is right.
    Its also pretty sad because they may never have anyone else attempt to share the light of God with them based on thier intense rejection..... That will be up to the mercy of God.

I hope something that was said will be life to someone out here.

10. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Did you read the link that Rufaro posted for me to read?

Look under the one that says "Biblical Messiah," then under the "Era of Peace." That explains A WHOLE LOT!

Very interesting. It actually says that they believe that Messiah will come with PEACE and JUSTICE. (to be meted out.)

That's how they will be deceived. I can now fully understand now why they will be deceived.

11. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 12 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]404604[/snapback]</div>

I'm not real versed on thier angle "the jews", but its also interesting that when He came to earth the first time , He came as a lamb, to be the sacrific for the world and to set up a temple in our hearts to establish the kingdom of God on earth and they expected war and violence to overthrow thier oppressors, now when he comes as the lion of Judah to execute wrath upon his enemies, they will be expecting peace?... what gives?

There will be peace... a thousand years of it during the window when satan will be bound, but it will be after one nasty war and before another even nastier war when satan is released for a short time before he is bound forever in the lake of fire!

12. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Well, the way I see it is that under the link from Rufaro, then click on Biblical Messiah, then look at "Era of Peace."

They speak about Messiah having to meet 2 requirements. (I'll tell you that number 2 is so very interesting!)

Which are: peace and justice. So according to what the Jews, (non-Christian), believe that Jesus or anyone else for that matter have not fulfilled those requirements. Therefore they are still waiting for the Messiah to come.

How they think he will appear I don't know. Drop out of the sky?
    Problem is, Jesus already came in the natural way, (being born), but supernatural of the virgin Mary.

So where or how do they expect Messiah to come on the scene? That I have no clue. That's what I was really looking for.

The people didn't like the fact that Jesus was "just" Joseph's son. So how do they expect Messiah to show up?

He will fulfill the requirements when He comes back for the judgments and to set up peace but not before all hell breaks loose.

So basically what happens in a nutshell is that when old slewfoot comes on the scene, he will so call "fulfill the requirements."

The devil will proclaim himself a man of "Peace" very ironic considering that those who don't follow him will be put to death; and that he will mete out "Justice" and that he will do with gusto when he faces opposition.

Does that make sense?

If you have any more questions, I will try to answer. So fire away!

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 12 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]404623[/snapback]</div>
    Yep.... he will not only win the Jews, but the whole world will see him as the man of the hour... someone to finally bring all the nations together and make sense of it all for peace.... someone will try and execute him with a lethal shot to the head, but he will miraculously recover only furthur increasing the guise of being a god and at least a great leader and "the messiah" to the Jews.

Then when he gets cocky enough to set himself up on the temple "that will be totally rebuilt" as God, only then will the Jews realize thier mistake.. but it will be too late then as he will have already gained his position and power.

By the time its all over, the Jews will almost be wiped out "something God promised would never happen once they became a nation again", as he wages war with them and then the "real" messiah will come and save them and thats the moment thier eyes "as a nation" will be opened that Jesus who they crucified is actually thier messiah.

14. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 12 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]404615[/snapback]</div>
    They expect Messiah to come, mete out the justice, and then there will be peace.

They use all the scripture from the old testament about how He will do away with His enemies before setting up His reign.

That's true but what they don't know is that they are missing a BIG part of the picture.

That part is that Messiah has already come once and they missed it.

So the imposter is going to show up and they will swallow it bait, hook, sinker, and line!

But by the time they realize it, it will be horrible.

I can see now how, the devil is working overtime to get the world the way it is now, just preparation for what is to come; but it will be a whole lot worse than it is now. So much so that people will willingly give anything at all to have peace, even if it's not the real thing.

But like I said before, God will allow it to happen to show us exactly what life would be like without Him and His provision, protection, and mercy for us.

I just shake my head because, sure as shooting, it's coming.

The Lord says, that He is not slow in coming but that all may have the chance to come to Him before it's too late.

15. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Do you know that to this day, the Muslims have barbed wire around part of the city wall of Jerusalem? It is in fact, surrounding the East Gate.

This gate is heavily armed with the military. Why?

Because they know that if the East Gate is opened Messiah will return.

It is the gate for the Prince to come in. That is how Messiah will return.
    But no one else will be allowed to come in or leave by the East Gate, it is for royalty alone.

Strange thing, I believe He will leave by the North Gate when all is done but I am not sure why.

Maybe one day I will know.

16. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 12 2007, 11:22 PM) [snapback]404647[/snapback]</div>
    thats pretty funny!.. it shows the mentality today... if it was the real messiah.. they think they can stop him!.. LOL!

They don't realize they are following the Devils game.. thats his only hope..... people that openly fight against who the "know" to be God have to be either possessed or totally blind.

17. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Well, the East Gate faces the sun, right? Yes, of course.

So the name in the link that Rufaro posted to me, gives it the name of the Golden Gate!

It is the Golden Gate because the Sun, (Son) shines on it! (The sun rises in the east.)

Interesting isn't it? How God can show you bits and pieces if we only take the time to be sensitive to what it is He is showing us.

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 12 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]404666[/snapback]</div>
    yea, but there have been so many false prophets that have speculated on so many things, people are numb and tired of the cry of wolf.. so when the real happens, they will be caught off guard.

Hindsight is 20-20, but looking forward... there is constant guessing.... just like the weathermen.... so its all taken as a grain of salt now.....

They never know for sure when its gonna rain till they finally see it coming.... even so is the coming of the son of man... tons of forecasters... but no one knows the exact time, till it happens. But Jesus warned us to watch the weather..... The Jews are the map to watch!

19. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 12 2007, 07:36 PM) [snapback]404399[/snapback]</div>
    Christ asks you to be such.
    1 Peter 3:8 –1 Peter 3:16

Summing up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble.

That goes for all of you, no exceptions. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless—that’s your job, to bless. You’ll be a blessing and also get a blessing. Whoever wants to embrace life and see the day fill up with good, Here’s what you do:
    Say nothing evil or hurtful; Snub evil and cultivate good; run after peace for all you’re worth.

God looks on all this with approval, listening and responding well to what he’s asked; But he turns his back
    on those who do evil things. If with heart and soul you’re doing good, do you think you can be stopped?

Even if you suffer for it, you’re still better off. Don’t give the opposition a second thought.
    Through thick and thin, keep your hearts at attention, in adoration before Christ, your Master. Be ready to speak up and tell anyone who asks why you’re living the way you are, and always with the utmost courtesy.
    Keep a clear conscience before God so that when people throw mud at you, none of it will stick. They’ll end up realizing that they’re the ones who need a bath.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 12 2007, 11:11 PM) [snapback]404516[/snapback]</div>
    It is a great passage. Sorry I did not get to it fast enough. I was busy last night. I work a suicide prevention hot line, and was busy with a rare house call. The guy who wanted to end his life, with a fully loaded gun, did not, but he did shoot at me. Missed me, but man, it was close. Anyway, I don't relate that to brag, but it is why I did not get to answer it first...

They guy did not kill himself, BTW. He found my conversation to be, and I quote him, 'real, not like some donkey bible belting twit'.

Me? Not a 'donkey bible belting twit'? Huh. Who would have thunked it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 13 2007, 01:23 AM) [snapback]404600[/snapback]</div>
    I shared. And yet, why do I feel rejected, at times, by you ALAN? Or lovittoomuch?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 12 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]404440[/snapback]</div>

But...but I know Jesus, and yet...yet, you say I don't know what He would do...and yet, for some reason, I feel as if I know what Christ would do...on an Internet thread...about Him.

He would use spellcheck. He would use proper grammar, at least at times. He would be kind to those who disagreed with Him. He would not try to, over and over and over again, try to convince anyone of anything. He would leave those who wanted to be left alone, alone. He would never act out of anger, (which, I have, at times, sad as it is for me to admit). He would be gracious, and loving, and the last thing He would do, is quote His words again and again.

Well, once maybe. He might say, 'Let he who has ears, listen'. And leave it at that.
    Yes, that it was I think Jesus would do on a thread like this.

20. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Mar 12 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]404720[/snapback]</div>
    That you can even type after that episode is amazing! Had someone taken a shot at me I don't think I'd be coherent for a week afterward! Brrrrrrr! Congratulations on your escape!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Mar 12 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]404720[/snapback]</div>
    And major major congratulations here! I was just about to say something about what a bleak aspect it is of our culture that someone can feel so cut off from friends and family that suicide hotlines even exist, when halfway through the sentence I realized that sometimes we NEED a complete stranger to hear us out - for such an exchange can be made without fear of the judgemental prejudices that always clutter any relationship, and/or without fear of feeling a failure in front of people we believe have certain expectations of us. So it ISN'T a bleak thing at all that there's a need for such hotlines, it's the opposite: a HEALTHY culture recognizes their singular place in the complicated weave of emotional matrices and provides them.

Many, many kudos to you TJ for taking station on that most difficult of front lines.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA