1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sorry about your woman doing that to you. I don't know the circumstances or anything but a Christian women have also been known to be quite the cheats as well.

Many people feel fear if/when they have an OBE. As for the Demons.. are you sure they weren't your own personal "Demons"? Are you sure the fear you experienced wasn't because you weren't "Christian" but because you were experiencing something you've never experienced?

I try to be reasonable and kind but talking about out of body experiences and demons and such is quite far fetched. I would defintely not disagree that you can have an OBE but most that have them do so after years of meditation and practice.

Can you tell me what your demons looked like? Just curious..

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 20 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]409183[/snapback]</div>
    I've seen them in visions occasionally while praying or meditating... I have a friend who swears he sees them while walking around sometimes.

Most of the time they are just a dark intimidating figures that usually tried to take away my breath and speech.. there have been several occasions I had to start "thinking" the name of Jesus, then I was free to whisper and as I did that.. I could speak a little more until I screamed "Jesus" and it left. It would be so real, yet I never moved a muscle if anyone was around.

I've had them on top of me trying to smother me and I've seen them in a few other scenes too.

One time in my ignorance.. I wanted my eyes opened to the whole spiritual realm so I kept praying for that.

While I was falling off to sleep next to my wife.. I looked to the right at my dark closet "I lived in the mountains and when all the lights were off it was dark dark!!" and then I looked to my left where my wife lay and I saw a white cement box with the lid open, the lid was about 3 - 4 inches in thinkness as was the rest of the walls. It was a cement casket holder... I looked back to my right again and nothing, I looked back to my left again to see if it was still there and it was gone and now there was just the face of a demon..... like in very subdued lighting.. I couldn't make out the details, but I could see wrinkles of age and it was a slight black/green color.

When you have a vision like this.. what you see is the minor part of the information you get.... what you somehow just "know" gives you more.
    I somehow knew this thing was 1000's of years old and even though I didn't dare feel its skin, I could tell it was like 1/4 inch thick almost like a reptile.

Then something rose in my spirit and I realized I was only being tormented and they were trying to bring fear and intimidation to me... so I rebuked it in the name of Jesus.

I have had no similiar vision since... this was about 10 years ago.

I now realize I don't need to see every little demon around each bush as I have authority over them anyway.

But during that period.. I also saw what I believe to be two angels in another time of meditation... that scared me even more believe it or not!

I

3. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Doesn't sound pleasing.. hehe

4. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Mar 20 2007, 03:58 PM) [snapback]409180[/snapback]</div>
    I agree how ten of us can stand around a campfire and all interpret it differently.

I do think there are some "heart strings" that we all have in common... strings that respond to Gods presence if different ways but all respond powerfully to his love and embrace.

The first time I ever felt the presence of God was when I was 15.
    I had been in church all my life as my dad had been a preacher and evangelist yet I didnt' know God.

I prayed and seeked the lord earnestly for two full weeks.. God wanted to bless me, but I had blockages.
    I first felt him for about only 2 seconds... then it left.

I was so astonished, I kept seeking until I got the full measure days later.
    He knew I was about to give up, but my heart wasn't right yet and I hadn't repented and humbled myself before the lord properly.

Once I got the full measure.. I was going to the alter to pray again as before and about 6 feet before I got there his presence fell on my so powerfully, tongues "gushed" out of me like a river and the most overwhelming love I had ever experienced feel all over me. The 2 second taste before was now like someone took a 55 gallon barrel and was drowning my little cup.

I know I open myself for sarcasm and ridicule to openly share my first experience with the Lord, but I don't care.. maybe someone can see the reality of what I experienced.

Believing is one thing, but being "baptised" in the Holy Spirit is quite another.

5. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 20 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]409063[/snapback]</div>
    By the way, it's spelled BALONEY. ;)

I agree with you on the fact that many people war over "religion".

But when I was talking about the bible being around longer, it has in a way.

It was called the Word of God was with God, and the Word of God became flesh: Jesus.
    God has always existed and always will. Everything exists by the power of His Word: the spoken Word; and in the flesh: His Son Jesus.

We don't specifically have the names of the men's hands that put bible to paper. But we know that they were "holy"men inspired by God to write the bible. But what it really testifies is the change that takes place in the lives of those who live by it. It was written for edification, teaching, and instruction, that it might prove every good work of God.

But the word "Muslim" means submission, the word "Koran" means law. Put them together and it spells "submission to the law."

To the best of my knowledge, if the laws of the Koran are broken, there is definitely a penalty to pay.

The Koran is pretty much in the same line as Mein Kampf. (Although one deals with religion and the other one does not. But what they both have in common is a plan that was written with the intent to be carried out. Mein Kampf was carried out a long time ago. The Koran has yet to come to complete fruition as far as I know.)

And why do you believe that the bible is responsible for genocide? The Crusades? If so, I can certainly see where you are coming from. Or the Spanish Inquistion? I can see that too. Granted, there are probably a whole lot more too.

But, most people will fight to defend what they believe in, and will so far as go to kill for their beliefs.

However, the TRUTH of the bible reiterates that Jesus in no way condones fighting and killing one another period; and that was before both the Crusades and the Spanish Inquistion, and all the others.

The night that Jesus was betrayed by one of his disciples named Judas, another disciple named Peter took up his own sword and cut off the ear of the servant of the high priest when they came to arrest Jesus.

Jesus healed the man's ear, and then told Peter to put his sword away.

HOWEVER, Jesus did say that there will always be wars and rumors of war.

It is one thing to be sold into slavery and still live, it is quite another to be killed.
    Hence, if you have seen the movie, "One Night with the King" they talk about this very thing.

No one has the right to take another person's life; not even their own.

As a matter of fact, we are told to live at peace with all men if at all possible.

So you see, it's just human nature to fight for survival; but it's also greed to covet what others have and that's where a lot of unnecessary fighting and killing comes in.

So, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. So what do you do?

What would you do if someone threatened you bodily harm, especially if you are a Buddhist?

6. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 20 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]409192[/snapback]</div>
    That is classic hypnagogia! Just look at some of the symptoms:

Common

* Sensing a "presence" (often malevolent)
    * Pressure/weight on body (especially the chest or back).
    * A sensation of not being able to breathe
    * Sense of impending doom/death

As a quickie here is the wikipedia reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

I have a friend that frequently see strangers come in to his room and into his bathroom. All the while he is conscious but paralyzed.

7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Mar 20 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]409363[/snapback]</div>
    Thats the state of mind when its easiest to go into the spirit realm.. even prayer can bring those states..... some may be halluncinogenic for some, but these sure seemed to have purpose and gave me a powerful lesson at its end...similiar to a dream from the Lord.

They always showed me I have power and authority over those things and not to be afraid of them.

I used to study allot about Edgar Cayce....... quite interesting too.. but a medium nevertheless.

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 18 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]407891[/snapback]</div>
    And it is moral to deny comfort to those left behind by someone who had to be in incredible pain to take such a step? To cast aspersions on the character of the deceased is OBVIOUSLY the loving and Christian thing to do for the still living family and friends of one who could find no other way out of his or her pain. If that's something you see as confirming to your view of morality, well, I'm glad that I am, apparently, in that sense, immoral. As are most modern Jews, by your terms. Jews will use something like the phrase "while of unsound mind," to explain that it is an issue of illness, not lack of morality. This allows the survivors to be comforted by their fellow believers, and have full and UNASHAMED burial and mourning rites.

TJ says:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Mar 19 2007, 12:23 AM) [snapback]408272[/snapback]</div>
    What you did was incredibly brave and loving, TJ. What anyone can try to do to help someone like that always is. That your life was on the line too--well--no--brave doesn't even begin to explain it. If your faith gave you the strength to do it--I'd call that a Mitzvah! ;)

But I also get the feeling, from reading your posts, that you probably don't consider the person and his attempt in and of itself "immoral." You do not appear to wear blinders with regard to the various types of physical, psychological, and, ok, spiritual pain, and the many guises they all wear.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Mar 20 2007, 07:31 AM) [snapback]408920[/snapback]</div>
    And, don't forget--many of the translations of the early documents were flawed, and those errors were compounded and recompounded through the millenia.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 20 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]409084[/snapback]</div>
    ws--your analogy really didn't seem to have a whole lot of bearing on what you were commenting on, but since you went OT, so will I. What you are talking about here is CENSORSHIP, nothing more and nothing less. Tv shows are aired at times you find offensive? You don't have watch them, and you can set up parental controls on your television so your kids can't (or better yet, TALK to your kids). R rated movies you aren't interested in? Don't go see 'em. You have absolutely no right to dictate what my family and I can choose--and there are LOTS of choices. You're getting frighteningly close to sounding like you believe in bookburning and such. It all comes under the heading of personal choice and personal responsibility--and, one of my choices is to believe that you just plain do NOT get to decide what is right, or more to the point, WRONG, for me and my family.

loveit: "By the way, it's spelled BALONEY."

Well, in Italian, it's Bologna, so balogne isn't too bad...and your spell checker has let you down once or twice. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, no?

9. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 20 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]409069[/snapback]</div>
    NOTHING, and I mean, nothing you have ever said on these threads, equals the utter out and out stupidity (sorry, but I am calling this as I see it), of that line.

God wasn't obvious about Christ's death and resurrection, because, He did not want to give the enemy the plans of war, as you put it? Huh?

In your often stated view, GOD KNOWS ALL. So, He would know, that HE WINS, and that NOTHING the devil will ever do will stop that...

So, to put is as simply as can be, God would not give a rats nice person if Satan knew that Christ was going to die, and be resurrected. He would simply not care. Based. On. Your. View. Of. God. And. The. Bible.

See, according to you, the Bible is perfect, and since this perfect book written by God, from His knowledge of all things, would preclude that He would know what, and where, and when, Satan would/could strike, would mean, that God would not care at all if the Devil knows it. In fact...to further this thought...the Devil could very well have at this point in time, bought his very own copy of the KJV, and read the ending, and now, knowing what he knows is the truth, would just up and quit.

The devil is nothing if not practical.

Thanks ALAN for blowing your very own argument to smithereens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 20 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]409069[/snapback]</div>
    Well, then, you have finally acknowledged to those who don't believe, why they don't believe in the validity of the Bible. Many, (and a lot of Christians to boot), don't believe in the Holy Spirit. So they too, would have problems with the Bible.

ALAN, you really out did yourself on that one post. You must have been tired to have written that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Mar 20 2007, 03:50 PM) [snapback]409079[/snapback]</div>
    He does, IMHO, of course, and I think He is, via some folks on this thread. God does speak through things other then burning bushes...He may even speak through Preachers they don't agree with ideally.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 20 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]408986[/snapback]</div>
    And lo, she was correct!

10. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A simple post, directed towards ALAN and loveittoomuch: You two try too hard.

And in your efforts, at least here, have managed to alienate a few people. I may have as well, but then again, I don't care if I do; I am not trying to convince anyone of anything.

Well, not entirely true: I would love to convince the world of Christ's simple message of truth, love, and understanding. What's so funny about that, any way?

You two, may feel that the Bible is 100% correct, and may very well think that those who dare question your thinking, are doomed to eternal hell, in the back halls of the IRS Tax Code Building. (shiver).

But by constantly attacking, and saying those who believe different from you are doomed, you drive them away. The number one thing that drove me from Christ, in all the years I ran from Him, was your type of Christian; all hell fire and damnation, and no sign of love.

I simply can not say this enough: No one, not you, me, or anyone, knows exactly what was written, when it was written, or by whom, in the Bible. Even published Bibles that have built in study guides will often state that.
    To argue that you are 100% correct while others beg to differ, just annoys the piss out of them.

Why not invite them in, with the simple acknowledgment that you aren't perfect, and may not have all the answers? Acknowledge that other beliefs are just as valid as yours, because there is not one of us that have traveled to the other side, and returned to report on what is there.

You would do you and your arguments that much a better service. I may not be the preacher you would ever go to hear give a sermon. I may be, however, the preacher that some might at least talk to, since I will treat them with equal respect.

I may seem to come down on you two hard, because you two should know this about Christ: He did not confront to change one's mind. We may disagree about a lot of the Bible, but shirley we can agree that Christ was not pushy in that way.

I may not seem to care about others 'souls' in your view, because I won't condemn anyone. But I tend to think I do care about others souls, because I believe that each and every soul out there should decide for themselves what to believe.

When the end comes, sooner or later, when it comes, all of us will be surprised by what is on the other side. I can guarantee that. And until I see for myself, what is on the other side, I won't pretend to know with 100% certainty, what is there.

And I am okay with that.

11. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 20 2007, 03:32 PM) [snapback]409144[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto for me!

12. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Mar 20 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]409173[/snapback]</div>

See, you don't get it. YOU have not been on both sides...YOU observed both sides, but YOU have only lived on one side.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Mar 20 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]409180[/snapback]</div>

Nope, pointed out earlier by me and others. If our GOD, and our belief in Jesus is the only way, than ALL of the quadribillion choices are just the 'other" side of the fence.

13. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Mar 21 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]409531[/snapback]</div>
    That's one big IF there, Schmika. Naturally, the corollary is true as well. If your god isn't the way, then you're just another of the multitude of choices on the "other" side of the fence.

14. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Mar 21 2007, 03:59 AM) [snapback]409455[/snapback]</div>
    I don't use a spell checker believe or not! ;)

I use a dictionary: when in doubt, check it out!

Rufaro, according to God's standards, suicide is still not something He condones so it is still immoral.

BUT, I agree with you, such a person who has taken their own life, is "not of sound mind."

I have a second cousin who was married back when Ronald Reagan took office as President. (A young couple.) This same male cousin committed suicide, (tried to), by standing on his motorcycle in the basement with a rope around his neck and kicked the bike out from underneath himself.

His wife came down and held him up by the legs until she/or they, whomever, were able to get him down.

Then while he was in the hospital for a number of weeks in a coma, the wife was faced with huge bills. She then took her own life.

My cousin, so far as I know is still in a coma in a place for comatose patients. That's been how long?

So I know what I am talking about.

It still doesn't make it MORAL, it's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Thank God, TJ was there to help the young man out.

But it is very unfortunate that many people don't get the help that they need.

15. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Mar 21 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]409531[/snapback]</div>
    I get the impression that TJ and I could have deep philosophical conversations and become friends, whether we agreed or not. I have quite the opposite impression of certain others here; that the conversation would be considered a failure unless I made some 'progress' towards their point of view, and that I am considered a failure as a human being for coming to the 'wrong' conclusions. Tell me, when was "They'll Know We Are Christians By Our Love" removed from the hymnary?

16. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 21 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]409669[/snapback]</div>
    "My cousin, so far as I know...That's been how long?"
    Gee, loveit, I do not know, how long HAS it been? You know so well what you are talking about you haven't bothered to find out about your cousin in how long HAS it been? Your immoral cousin, the widower of an immoral late wife. By YOUR definition. WHY did your cousin try to commit suicide? Did anyone at all try to help before he got to that point? Did your family all stand around and tell your cousin's wife how immoral her husband was for trying to kill himself, or did they try to help her? I'm guessing--not much, since she apparently felt so desolate she felt she had nothing left for herself.

You haven't a clue what you are talking about. Not the faintest clue in THIS world. And just go right on and believe what you like about the next world as long as you feel good about it. Me, I think it's WAY more important to find ways to HELP people HERE than to LABEL them and write them off if they don't conform to your constrained and closed belief system. As long as you feel good about yourself, that you are really helping make anyone else's life better then you're just fine. You can come up with chapter and verse. You can come up with "some of my best friends are 'completed Jews'. You can come up with a story about a cousin from some past so long ago that all you know about him now is that he "is still in a coma in a place for comatose patients". Really impressive. Some of my best friends are Jews. And suicides. I DO know what I am talking about. You don't know squat if it ain't in your little black book, do you?

Let's see. Here's a story for you. My father, a Korean war veteran, killed himself by jumping out of a 4th floor window in a VA hospital when he was not quite 35 (he was maybe 19 in Korea). I do not know--seems to me the only immorality there was the appalling care given, then as now, to veterans. Oh yeah--and the army tried really hard to not pay his sister and their father some tiny life insurance policy he had paid for. My aunt's husband had to fight for years for something like $1000.

Oh never mind--my parents had been divorced for years when my father died, so I guess he really was TOTALLY immoral, and good riddance to bad rubbish, huh?

No loveit, is NOT "unfortunate" that many people don't get the help that they need--in the HERE AND NOW, as opposed to in the alleged hereafter. THAT is IMMORAL. By HUMAN standards.

TRY to open you mind just a tiny bit--you might be amazed at what you could REALLY learn when you stop trying to twist every thing to fit inside that tiny little black box inside your head.

And--REALLY pay attention to what TJ says. I do, and I respect his views. You only claim to, or even genuinely think you do, but many of us here have noticed that you really have missed most of his points.

17. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 20 2007, 11:53 PM) [snapback]409370[/snapback]</div>
    Are you sure? I heard that he was an extra-large.

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

19. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Mar 21 2007, 03:24 AM) [snapback]409458[/snapback]</div>
    Once again, your reasoning away the scriptures has tainted your interpretation of the obvious.
    Why are you so quick to attack me and my knowledge of the word?

TJ, if you hadn't torn out so many pages out of your "imperfect bible" you may know more of what it says.

How can you be so strong and adamant about the word when you admit you don't believe in lots of it and have have not taken much of it to heart?

Do you really consider yourself to be an "expert" on the word, when you don't even acknowledge it all?

And why are so so nasty with me after spending so much effort trying to show me the importance of respecting each other and not reviling each other?
    Whats changed?

(1 Cor 2:7 NKJV) But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
    (1 Cor 2:8 NKJV) which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

(1 Cor 2:9 NKJV) But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
    (1 Cor 2:10 NKJV) But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
    (1 Cor 2:11 NKJV) For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

This scripture is saying that the mysteries and plans of God are hidden to those who do not have the Spirit of God to reveal them.
    If God would have made it apparent what was the plan of the Father... to totally render Satan powerless by the wrongful crucifixion of Jesus, Satan wouldn't have been so stupid.
    Once again, the wisdom of God took the wise "satan" in his own craftiness.
    (Job 5:12 NKJV) He frustrates the devices of the crafty, So that their hands cannot carry out their plans.
    (Job 5:13 NKJV) He catches the wise in their own craftiness, And the counsel of the cunning comes quickly upon them.

Another example:

(Mat 16:19 NKJV) "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
    (Mat 16:20 NKJV) Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.
    (Mat 16:21 NKJV) From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.

(Mark 7:35 NKJV) Immediately his ears were opened, and the impediment of his tongue was loosed, and he spoke plainly.
    (Mark 7:36 NKJV) Then He commanded them that they should tell no one; but the more He commanded them, the more widely they proclaimed it.
    (Mark 7:37 NKJV) And they were astonished beyond measure, saying, "He has done all things well. He makes both the deaf to hear and the mute to speak."

Another example:
    (Mark 9:9 NKJV) Now as they came down from the mountain, He commanded them that they should tell no one the things they had seen, till the Son of Man had risen from the dead.
    (Mark 9:10 NKJV) So they kept this word to themselves, questioning what the rising from the dead meant.

Yes..God has secrets........

Another example:

(Luke 8:54 NKJV) But He put them all outside, took her by the hand and called, saying, "Little girl, arise."
    (Luke 8:55 NKJV) Then her spirit returned, and she arose immediately. And He commanded that she be given something to eat.
    (Luke 8:56 NKJV) And her parents were astonished, but He charged them to tell no one what had happened.

(Mark 4:11 NKJV) And He said to them, "To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables,
    (Mark 4:12 NKJV) "so that 'Seeing they may see and not perceive, And hearing they may hear and not understand; Lest they should turn, And their sins be forgiven them.'"

(Mark 4:13 NKJV) And He said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?

The Lord is a man of war and a general that hides his plans from those that would trample or cause harm.

(2 Sam 5:23 NKJV) Therefore David inquired of the LORD, and He said, "You shall not go up; circle around behind them, and come upon them in front of the mulberry trees.
    (2 Sam 5:24 NKJV) "And it shall be, when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the mulberry trees, then you shall advance quickly. For then the LORD will go out before you to strike the camp of the Philistines."

This is only a sample of "secrets" the Lord has held against the enemy..... even today.. there are many things left unrevealed and won't be revealed until its too late for Satan as he will have already fallen into his own trap.

(Rev 2:17 NKJV) "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it."'

(Col 1:26 NKJV) the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
    (Col 1:27 NKJV) To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Have you considered how baby Jesus was also hidden from Herod?
    What about Moses as a baby?

(Luke 12:40 NKJV) "Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."

And lastly to get back on topic....

Even the time of his coming is held as secret.

(Mat 24:35 NKJV) "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
    (Mat 24:36 NKJV) "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
    (Mat 24:37 NKJV) "But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
    (Mat 24:38 NKJV) "For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
    (Mat 24:39 NKJV) "and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

If God revealed all of his plans and showed all of his glory right now today.. people would serve him out of logic and intelligence rather than love, faith and trust.

Lastly... one more example of God demonstrating his silence and not revealing his plans until the timing was right...... this is only the start of the secrets of God.. how could you have missed so many scriptures TJ?
    And why are you angry at me?

(John 7:3 NKJV) His brothers therefore said to Him, "Depart from here and go into Judea, that Your disciples also may see the works that You are doing.
    (John 7:4 NKJV) "For no one does anything in secret while he himself seeks to be known openly. If You do these things, show Yourself to the world."
    (John 7:5 NKJV) For even His brothers did not believe in Him.
    (John 7:6 NKJV) Then Jesus said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Mar 21 2007, 03:24 AM) [snapback]409458[/snapback]</div>
    You got my point..... hence the reason those who persist in understanding God first will never find him.
    Until they hunger with their heart enough to surrender and accept him "without" understanding him, only then will they get the Holy Spirit so they can start to understand him with thier mind to any degree...

All you have to do is have enough faith to say "God if your really real, find me and show yourself to me in a way I can know your real".
    God in his mercy will work with anyone that is honest and at least has enough faith to talk to him.

(Heb 11:6 NKJV) But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 21 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]409916[/snapback]</div>
    Ha!.. there you go again! LOL!......

He was one of the world foremost renowned mediums..... quite interesting are his writings.. which he did while in an unconcious state of sorts......

But its nothing new.... they had lots of mediums in the old testament too.. in fact Saul used one to contact Samuel "a prophet" that had already died and even got an answer back.

The reason they are illegal is you are using the middle world and its entities as your guidance and God.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Mar 21 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]409561[/snapback]</div>
    I agree... it would be wonderful if the real God would please stand up! LOL!

But you have to somehow give God a chance... he doesn't expect you to be a hypocrite and believe in Him when you really don't... but just give him a chance and open up to him.
    You can't be afraid he will hurt you and give you something you are not asking for.

Go slowly and seek him and when the time is right, you will somehow know in your spirit that its safe to surrender to him... once you do and you get contact... your circuits will be overloaded and you'll be so glad you didn't turn him away.

20. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 22 2007, 01:04 AM) [snapback]409951[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, when I used this: "NOTHING, and I mean, nothing you have ever said on these threads, equals the utter out and out stupidity (sorry, but I am calling this as I see it), of that line.", I could not express how, in text, how I felt about your post. At least this part: " Why is God being so evasive and tricky?... the same reason he wasn't obvious about is death and ressurection until it happened... its giving the enemy that plans of war."

I mean, come on ALAN, you have to see how that one line just blows your whole argument away. In your own view, you are contradicting your other often scripture quoted views. You are saying, that God knows all, but then you are saying that God is afraid that someone, (namely the Devil), might find out ahead of time God's plans, and ruin them, when all along, God knows it all, and knows He wins!

I can't begin to tell you, that line, in and of itself, illustrates the utter, and again, lack of a better word here, stupidity of your arguments thus far. I wish I could convey, to you, how I understand, that in your view, you are correct, and that there are, no doubt, those who find my form of 'Christianity' awful, so they find solace in your view of 'Christianity' ; thus, when you mess up in such a way, you unwittingly disillusion them; you ruin what slim hope they had that you were right, and in turn, turn away from Christ, which defeats your ultimate goal.

Therefore, the stupidity of your line. As to attacking your 'knowledge of the word', I no doubt believe you have your 'knowledge' of what you perceive as 'the word'. I am not you, and what works for you, is fine as long as you are happy with it.