1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

sounds like carl was pretty lost too as he felt neglected by the creator.... is he your guide?

Why is it people will believe in virtually anything except someone they have to be accountable to?

What is the real guise guiding thier thought processes.. what is "really" being protected?

Remember the scriptures about how those who "love" darkness run from the light, lest their deeds be made known?

2. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 8 2007, 06:57 AM) [snapback]386895[/snapback]</div>
    Is this false preacher speak for "I'm so full of crap even I don't know what to believe. Now follow me, I'm your shepherd/pastor/preacher of the <strike>FAITH</strike>, wait, no, scratch that, I don't believe in anything and I have no faith in anything either. Follow me, I'm just as lost as you.. no.. wait... crap, what do I believe?"

At least the bible thumpers stick up for what they believe by faith.

Who are you ordained by?

3. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Alric, for the most part, that is their choice to die for what they believe in.

Each person was made in such a way that only God can filled the void in a person's life. That void is what is called a "God shaped hole", and only God can fill it; and He reserved that void to be filled with Himself.

It doesn't mean that God comes in and takes over a person by force. That is not His way, and that is not His nature.

There is a picture of Christ standing and knocking at the door of a house, waiting to be invited in. He wants to come in and be a part of a person's life. He wants to have "supper" with them, which is in essence just having time to converse with you, getting to know you, see how you are doing, and offer any help that you might need. But He will not force His way into someone's life. He is not that kind of God. If you want Him to be a part of your life, you must ask Him to be a part of your life. It is that simple.

Jesus says, that those who come to Him, He will in no manner, cast them aside. But no man can come to the Heavenly Father except by coming to Jesus. And those who are drawn to Jesus, Jesus will safe keep until the day that the Father redeems them through His Son.

He has come to show you, as Windstrings so aptly put it, how to come into the dimension of life that God would have you live. One where you can rise above your circumstances even while in the midst of them, by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit was given to all men after Christ's resurrection. The HolySpirit means: Helper, and Comforter. The Holy Spirit is also our seal that Christ Himself has put upon us, so when the day that He comes back, He will redeem His Bride. It is only a part of our inheritance.

When one speaks about the being a Christian, it means the rule and reign of God in a person's life; internally, spiritually. No man knows another man's spirit except the Heavenly Father. But as I said in previous post, you shall know them by their fruit; meaning the fruit of the Holy Spirit. The fruit of the Holy Spirit is: peace, patience, kindness, long-suffering, not boasting about one's self, and love. It is not something that a person can do. It is not something that a person can accomplish on his own; and it certainly does not come knowing ABOUT Jesus. Like Windstrings says, anyone can have knowledge.

But the fruit of the Holy Spirit comes from KNOWING Jesus; and that means having a relationship where one spends time talking with Jesus.

I cannot make another person believe in what I believe, that is not possible. Why? Because that person will choose for himself what it is that he/she wants to believe.

But if my life shows forth the fruit of the Holy Spirit, then that testifies to a radical change in my life that has taken place in the essence of who I am. It will show forth in my character, my behavior, my words, and most of all having the peace that surpasses all understanding no matter what my circumstances or situations I face.

The faith, belief, and trust that comes as a result of giving of one's self to Jesus, comes not from that person himself, but from God himself. We were created in His image; and we were created to have fellowship with Him. That is why so many look to find a purpose in life by the things that they do. Some even try to escape the misery of the world by looking elsewhere. Some drink, others smoke, other do drugs, others are angry and take it out on others, and others commit sucide.

Man is desperately seeking for solutions to his situations and circumstances. If we all banded together there would be nothing that we could not do; but it would have to be under the dominion of God. Why? Many years ago it was almost accomplished when the people built the tower of Babel. The only reason God scattered them was because the people thought they were better than God. They wanted to ascend to the heavens, just like Lucifier did, and be like the Most High God. Like Lucifier, God put a quick end to that.

Because we live in a "fallen world" where the prince of the air has dominon and authority over the world for the time being, does not mean that he has dominion over the souls of men; unless one specifically gives himself expressively for that purpose. But also, one can be unaware of the enemy. Just because you don't see an enemy doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

We are to "humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw close to God and God will draw close to you. " James 4:7-8

Anyway, in the end, every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, to the Glory of the Almighty God.

"Let the redeemed of the Lord say so." I say so.

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

You folks who display such spite and mockery of those who are religious, are no better than those who bash homosexuals.

5. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 8 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]387085[/snapback]</div>
    You are going to excuse any of the false preachers who don't believe this should be in the Bible, and anyone who chooses their own truth in other ways. I'm sure someone could come up with a good reason why this statement wasn't in the original text until 1589 and was only hand written in by the pope's chef after easter dinner one year.

Or, do you really believe by faith that this is in fact how it will be because it is written this way?

yeah, me too..

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Feb 8 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]387099[/snapback]</div>
    Man talk about hitting the nail on the head!!!!!! ;)
    I liked the statment soooo much I had to turn it up so it would bebright & loud! B)

This quote really says it best, Do you think they will understand the meaning of the quote MS? :)

7. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 8 2007, 04:09 PM) [snapback]387143[/snapback]</div>
    It seems to me that you bash each other just fine...and homosexuals are not delusional and not trying to impose their beliefs on the rest of the country.

8. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Well Daronspicher, God is the ultimate authority, and ruler over all that He created.

Is the servant is not greater than the master? No. Neither will the creature be greater than the Creator.

I really do believe that way. I have seen too many instances where the Lord wants what is best for each person, but He will have His way in the end. He lets each person choose of His own free will who they want to serve. Those who want to live life here on earth without Him now, would in no way want to live with Him for all eternity.

Just like there are physical laws such as gravity, there are spiritual laws too. Violate either one of them, and you suffer the consequences.

A man dies only once, and then comes the judgement. This in essence means that all people die physically just once, but, after death those who do not believe in God, and have no desire to live with Him for eternity, will be granted that right.

Basically they have said that God cannot be trusted to save them from their sin nature and give them His own Holy Spirit to live the abundant life and one that is pleasing not only to God but to his fellowman, then that is his choosing. But at what loss? An eternal one. Just because we die doesn't mean that our spirit dies.

That person has decided that the shed blood of Christ will not do what God says it will do, and so by their own words they have condemn themselves, not God. That is called the day of judgement, and it is only reserved for those who want no part of God and His marvelous plan for their lives.

But for the believer, it is a difference story. Why? They won't be judged. Why? Because the believer has judged himself and agrees with God about his sinful nature and has made the decision to receive a new life through the atoning shed blood of God's Son, Jesus Christ. So now the believer is born again, and the Holy Spirit resides in the believer. They have decided to make Jesus Savior and Lord of their life As a result, the believers have passed from judgement and the second death, into eternal life with God. But it doesn't end there. The believer's body will be redeemed, and the new body will clothe the new spirit. Thus will will have a new body, a resurrected one just like Jesus. Then there will be no more pain, no more sickness, no more disease, and no more death. The reason being is that there will be no more sin in the heavenly realm where the Heavenly Father resides.

It is only through sin that death, disease, and sickness come. The bible says that the wages of sin is death, and all that goes along with sin.

That's why Jesus was never touched by death, disease, or sickness. There was nothing but the Life of God living in Him.

Yes, Jesus did die, but He allowed ALL of OUR SINS to be borne in His body so that we could live forever, free from all of the effects of sin, including the evil that men do to one another. He exchanged His life for ours. He paid the debt we could never pay.

Why? Because He is the God of love and the God of compassion.

God promises that those who search for Him with all their heart will find Him. He promises that if you draw close to Him, He will draw close to you.

Taste the Lord and see that He is good.

9. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 8 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]387143[/snapback]</div>
    You might have a point if christian marriage was outlawed.

10. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 8 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]387166[/snapback]</div>
    Only sinners get sick and die? Belief protects you from germs, parasites, injury, and cancer? How absurd.

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Feb 8 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]387159[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm, intriguing thought..... :huh:

Wanna re-think that one?.. :mellow: What about gay marriage? no they are not trying to impose that belief in this country, or that they should beable to adopt, or thattheir partners should be able to get the same ins. benifit packages as married cpls. Im sure others can add even more examples...

Not Delusional? I'll let someone else take the heat on that reply. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Feb 8 2007, 07:21 PM) [snapback]387170[/snapback]</div>
    This is a typical responce, you sould look at the picture as a whole instead of consintrating on the blades of grass..

The original quote
    I believe this is refering to the holy spirit that lives inside of us.

12. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Feb 8 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]387099[/snapback]</div>
    That's right! they're working tirelessly to make it illegal for Christians to marry, to make it illegal for religious people to adopt children, etc. etc.

13. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Hyo, that's right only sinners die, and that includes all of us because we all have a sin nature. Our flesh will die, meaning our bodiies; but our spirits will live forever.

According to Paul in the book of Romans, he talks about the struggle that man has with his sinful nature; and he declares, who will help that person in his struggle to do what is right by God? He knows that the atoning blood of Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit will do the work which he cannot do.

But when Jeus the Messiah comes again, death is swallowed up in victory, and we will be transformed in a twinkling of an eye, with a new heavenly body to go with our new spiritual birth.

Like God said, it is appointed that man should die only once, and then the judgement.

God in His mercy barred the way in the Garden of Eden to the tree of life so that man would not live forever in a fallen sinful nature. It would have been so terrible to live forever with cancer, or some other such thing. I, for one am glad that God loved us enough to do that for each of us.

Even if there was only one person on the face of the earth, Christ still would have given His life for that person.

God is no respecter of persons. What He will do for one person, He will certainly do for another.

Look at Moses. God spoke to him at the burning bush, and parted the Red Sea. He did the same for Joshua. He spoke to Him as the Angel of the Host of the Lord's Armies, and He dried up the Jordan River so that the priests could carry the Ark of the Covenant across to the other side and that the Israelites could cross safely to the other side while coming into the Promised Land.

So those that come to God must believe that He is God. Otherwise, they would not come to Him.

Seek the Lord while He may be found. Now is the day of salvation. There is no other name under the heaven on earth by which a man may be saved, accept the name of Jesus.

14. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Feb 8 2007, 06:41 PM) [snapback]387179[/snapback]</div>

If you can't live up to par... bring down the par!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Feb 8 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]387099[/snapback]</div>

OUch!.. I bet that smarted!......

Remember when the Angels who looked like mere men went to take Abraham out of Sodom because even though in his heart of compassion he was trying to find just "anyone" who would repent, and the Angels approched him and entered into his house and told him he must leave immediately because time was up and judgement was coming?

While those two men were inside the townsmen saw them enter and started beating on the door for them....

Abraham respecting and fearing the Angels of God tried to protect them and so, offered his daughter to fend them off, but they didn't want her.. they wanted the men to have sex with them "fresh meat!"...

so the Angels simply stuck them all blind and that was that....

But the moral of the story is that Abraham was trying to "preach" to a crowd that was so depraved that "not one" would repent... they were so hardened and cold that not only would they not hear, they wanted to abuse his guest sexually.

Jesus sais "AS IT WAS" IN THE DAYS OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH, SO SHALL IT BE IN THE LAST DAYS WHEN THE SON OF MAN RETURNS"..

The good news it... Hey its close!... Arent' we all exicited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bad news is.. many who hear are touched as their is still a window, yet others are as those who beat on the door and disregarded all but thier own perverted lust that drove their insanity.

Its a bitter sweet.... I have no heart nor delight in seeing anyone miss it, but I do delight that all this crap will soon be over!!!!!!

15. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 8 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]387195[/snapback]</div>
    Amen :D

16. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Many mock those who believe and say: "Where is He who is promised to come? Your God is not sleeping is He? Why doesn't He answer?"

The man of lawlessness, (Satan), will not be revealed until the restrainer(believers) is taken out of the way.

When the restrainer has been taken up, then when you see the evil thing, the man of lawlessness sitting on the throne of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem, and the desecration has taken place, let those who are in the hills flee, let those who are in the homes leave and not take a thing with them for the day of the Lord's wrath will surely come.

There will be such an outpouring of wrath upon those that remain here on earth that none will escape; not even the man of lawlessness and his cohorts.

Yes, Windstrings there will be an end to all of it here on the face of the earth. The time is very close.

When the Bridegroom comes for His Bride there will be much rejoicing. But for those who have decided to go their own way, there will be much gnashing of the teeth, and eternally suffering in the lake of fire which was originally reserved for the man of lawlessness and his cohorts.

I, too, pray that the eyes of their understanding would be open so that they too might come to know the way of salvation.

The Spirit and the Bride say come, let everyone who is thirsty come. Let him who is thirsty partake of the water of life without price. I am the Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and The End, the Bright and Shining Morning Star.

Even so Lord Jesus, come!
    Amen.

17. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You people are spooky. You want the end to come. The problem with that is that someday one of you will really make it happen and take all of us into your delusional world. :angry:

18. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Feb 8 2007, 09:41 PM) [snapback]387179[/snapback]</div>
    What's funny about this, if it came down to it, and let's assume for a moment homosexuals were a majority in the US, I have no doubt it would actually come to that, under some sort of social initiative where they consider religion some sort of brain damaging, decadent, perverse, concept.

19. Loveit

Loveit New Member

No Huskers, He will make it happen.

20. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 8 2007, 11:19 PM) [snapback]387271[/snapback]</div>
    He who...the holy spook, the flying spaghetti monster, zeus, budda, bubba, or one of 100 other invisible things out there waiting to get us in the dark. ;)