1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So let me get this straight - God will give me the Grand Prize, but He'll only give it to me if I believe He will?

In other words, you're saying he's a big baby. Seriously. What does He have to lose if I don't worship Him? If he's all Mr. Omnipotent Bigshot and everything, it shouldn't matter. So He's just being a big jerk about it.

Sorry, I don't worship immature jerks.

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Feb 8 2007, 09:44 PM) [snapback]387253[/snapback]</div>
    Its spooky only if you don't have that spirit within you that says "even so come" as depicted in Revelation.
    In the last days.. even creation groans for the coming of the Lord.
    (Rom 8:22 KJV) For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
    (Rom 8:23 KJV) And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Those who only have the world to cling to will cry out in fear at the thought of the world ending... its thier only womb, their only place of warmth.... but when you have the spirit of God dwelling in you, it makes this whole world seem a wasteland... only a place your are temporarily visiting.

Its not brainwashing... its heart washing.... somehow you "know" you belong somewhere else because the new spirit within you is from another place.

The strangest crazyest thing is you find you are the happiest when talking about, communing, or somehow relating to that world beyond that becomes more real than this "fake" world of energy, molecules, and matter.

The world we think is real, is like a dream that never existed when you come in contact with the "real" tangible existence and powers of spirit and the world to come.

Its like sinking your teeth into a "real" blueberry pie, when all you've seen were pictures before.

You become a stranger in a place you lived all your life and those who born of the same spirit as you have been reborn in, become much closer than flesh and blood that does not share that bond.

Yes, there are cults and brainwashing, but this is reality that happens without a preacher and without persuading.... it comes from the inside out, rather than the outside in.

IN this world we experience move and understand from the outside in.... external input molds the core.
    But in the spirit realm its the opposite..... God touches the core first, then it works its way out.
    You will find that you "know" things and feel things that you have been never taught by a man or school... its the Holy Spirit guiding and teaching straight to the core... the spirit of a man.

I"m giving you "nuggets" right now that are rarely explained in a secular setting and even in most churches as so many only give the milk without meat......
    What i"m telling you now is even milk, otherwise you could not contain or comprehend it.
    It takes the help, aid, and illumination of the Holy Spirit to comprehend these things.. its much deeper than mere intellect. The brain is a very poor conductor if "this" electricity.... in fact it hinders as its a "resistor".
    But God helps those how cry out from the depths of their spirit....

Its really hard to compare and explain the "feelings" of heavenly powers and expressions as they are so supercharged and real compared to the best drug high here.

We only have pale weak comparisons... that Jesus attempted to relate in parables.

When you see your TV with pictures of people crying with thier hands raised high, it seems such a lie, such a fake crazy brainwashing as your mind trys to relate it to anything you've even known.

Yes.. I blame most of the churches for the screwed up mess we're in.. politics and money corrupt and many are the last days churches that "profess" godliness but freak out, dodge and explain away the power thereof.

(Titus 1:16 KJV) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

(2 Tim 3:5 KJV) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Pastors and Preist who profess God and are nothing more than "hirelings" are just flat out scrary....Thats whats "spooky!"
    (John 10:12 KJV) But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
    (John 10:13 KJV) The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
    (John 10:14 KJV) I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

I can't help that so many that profess to show you God are false and have lost thier way, but that doesn't deny the existence of a real God that has real power interesting in intervening into your real life.

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't suppose I could convince you to go back and examine each sentence you write for correlation with reality?

Does it ever occur to you that you believe all this in the abscence of any evidence, and that is not enough that you like it or that it makes sense to you. It HAS to match reality for it to be truth and real. Otherwise it is fiction. And not very good fiction at that..

4. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Feb 8 2007, 02:26 AM) [snapback]386875[/snapback]</div>
    My take has always been that there are two things at work ... an eye for an eye was a restrictive mandate for the legal system, i.e., you should not cut off the hand of a thief, but fine him for the cost of the loaf of bread or some other equitable punishment. Turn the other cheek is a guideline for personal behaviour, which is different.

Its why a Christian can believe in both turning the other cheek and serve on a jury to imprison a rapist. While we would be encouraged to forgive the rapist who rapes us, society is under no such order, and the rapist can be punished.

Western culture "grew up" with both concepts, and as such, is not an "honor based" society where I would have to avenge my honor. The legal system does that for me. My job is to come to terms with the physchological trauma and "let it go" with forgiveness.

In many of Jesus' encounters with the religious establishment, they were discussing legalistic ideals of law, and he was discussing man's relationship with God and, subordinate to that relationship, man's relationship to man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Feb 8 2007, 07:44 PM) [snapback]387253[/snapback]</div>
    The end comes every day for someone. On average, you only get about 80 years, but those behemoth SUVs could take any of us out tomorrow.

If you believe in God, make the most of that belief. If you don't believe in God, then make the most of those 80 years the best way you know how.

5. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Feb 8 2007, 11:56 AM) [snapback]386912[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, but even my patience is worn thin by some of this. Then I step back, and realize whom I am arguing with, and then I relax.

The sad thing, is, that if I replied to the posts that windstrings wrote, with the same venom he/she has, then I would be no better then them.

Christ was mocked when He walked the earth, with His radical ideas and thoughts. And the one thing that He was big on was turning the other check. Sure, He would defend His Father's house, but when it came down to it, He took His beatings with out a word of protest.

As a Preacher, and a radical one at that, I am used to being 'spit' on. Literally and figuratively.

I will now re read some of these posts, reply, and expect what I will get will be more venom.

My favorite Bible verse, (and I suppose you have noted, that I do not hate the Bible, nor do I find it all inaccurate), my favorite Bible passage is this:
    1 Peter 5:8-9

Keep a cool head. Stay alert. The Devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up. You’re not the only ones plunged into these hard times. It’s the same with Christians all over the world. So keep a firm grip on the faith.

I have said this before, and I will say it again, for it bears repeating: I don't want to convince anyone that the Bible is 100% accurate. I don't want anyone to follow Christ because I said so, or to insinuate, that if you don't follow Christ you are doomed to hell.

I want people to figure this out for themselves. To some, faith in Christ is all. To others, it's a bit of their life. To me, it's what I have, it's what moves me. But in studying Christ all these many years, more so then others, I would wager, I have come to what I think is the correct conclusion.

He is all about Peace, Love & Understanding. He is not about rules. He is about being just. He is not quick to judge.

For some, they need more structure, more discipline, then they can bring to themselves, so they rely on a book, on rules, in order to cope.

Which is fine, if that works for them; others, well, they want to explore faith the way Christ encouraged, which was full of curiosity, and with an open mind.

To try to put me down, in some of the ways displayed here, is childish...IMHO, of course.

6. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 8 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]387029[/snapback]</div>
    Hardly. But believe what you wish. If anything, the Bible continues to fascinate me on a daily basis. But since you will misconstrue what that means, I won't bother to explain to you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 8 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]387029[/snapback]</div>
    If you read what I wrote, carefully, and not just the part you wanted to attack, I have said time and time again, that my faith is not based solely on a book. It is much more then that. In fact, I would have faith in Christ with no Bible.

Actually, you embarrass yourself, with your comments like those. I actually have to reign in my conversation here, for the sake of others who may not be as well versed in the Bible, or it's complicated passages and such. You also embarrass yourself with your atrocious spelling. Which is a easy dig, but one that has to be made, since you are trying to belittle my words.

My father once said, 'Don't get into a arm wrestle with a one armed man; for he will have developed strength in that one arm that will surprise you.'

To fully get into a argument here, with you and your posse, (which are singular in their blind faith to the Bible), is admittedly, a mistake for me. You have prepared your responses with no concern for an educated opinion, thrust in your general direction.

However, respond I will, since I can not just let people think that all 'Christians' think like your ilk.

Honestly, your words speak volumes to me. I wish you well, and a continued walk in faith.

7. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Feb 9 2007, 01:33 AM) [snapback]387279[/snapback]</div>
    Neither do I.

Which is why the word 'worship' always bugs me. Having a conversation, an understanding with Christ, now that I can understand.

The Bible, which was written by and large by men who wanted to consolidate power, is meant to frighten some into thinking that God is vengeful, and will by and large, be evil to those who fight Him.

If, you wish to go along with that narrow minded take, then more power to you. I (and others who admit to having faith in Christ and His peaceful message), tend to think that God is better represented in Christs recorded actions, of forgiving, and letting things slide.

Like that whole crucifiction thing. He let that slide. He could have, if He wanted, just opened a big ole' can of whoop nice person on everyone who was responsible for His crucifiction.

I appreciate your thoughts on God. I once thought that God was a big jerk, and somewhat the hypocrite, with the way He was all about destroying enemies, like in the Old Testament, and then all hippy like in the New Testament.

It took me time to figure out what was real, and what was fabricated, or at the very least, exaggerated, in the Bible. And I am still figuring it all out.

Take care.

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 8 2007, 04:57 AM) [snapback]386895[/snapback]</div>
    They missed it because they didn't read the Book or choose not to believe what it said, sound familiar? The Three Wise Men read the Book and were there to witness the greatest act of the Love this old universe will ever witness. It's all right there in the prophecies.

Wildkow

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 8 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]387044[/snapback]</div>
    He really sounds like a street preacher, a person can get ordained a preacher by attending month long class as a certified preacher.

Street preachers come across in a different way than a church preacher, but I have to admit some of the things he has said make sence but other things sound like hes been sniffing model glue.

What do you believe in, Alric?

Congradulations Huskers now you see how others percieve Liberals.... ;) :lol:

Oh yeah, Im not afraid to die.. I could go at anytime, My bags are packed, and Im waiting for my ticket to be punched. Then I want to send my spirit back to haunt the internet message boards.. ;)

Are you afraid to Die???

In other words your saying hes a big baby and an immature jerk, (the others people standing around Stevo move away from him for fear of the perverbial lightning bolt)
    With those people here that are lashing out at religion, your scared of it ........ YOUR AFRAID of RELIGION, like Tyra Banks is afraid of Dolphins!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

who cares about spel;ling, he's not belittling your words, your doing a fine job of it yourself . All I see Windstrings doing here is quoting scripture, and I must say he's doing a fine job of it.

reign in my conversation here, for the sake of others who may not be as well versed in the Bible, or it's complicated passages and such.
    Yeah this statement is true there are alot of not well versed ( stupid people ) out there, who aren't well versed in the scripture much less pick the book up at all.... Or they bash it because they are afraid of what the book stands for and what it teaches. :rolleyes:

10. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 9 2007, 08:01 AM) [snapback]387355[/snapback]</div>
    Nice. 'sniffing model glue'; have I said negative things about you? In any such a fashion.

I ask: Who is the 'Christian' here then?

And yes, I am more of a 'street preacher' ; however, I have helped out at local churches.

Oh, and you can get 'certified' to be a pastor if your church hires you. In fact, in some states, to be a pastor or to start a church, only requires you to fill out a form, and there you are.

I have several friends in Assembly Of God churches, that are 'pastors' because they got hired to do a job. Like run the office.

As to me, I have already stated what my credentials are. No need to repeat them again.

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Feb 9 2007, 06:22 AM) [snapback]387357[/snapback]</div>
    Again Im not asking for your credentials. :mellow:

I threw in the "glue sniffing" for a humorus effect. :) :D

And I have stated, You speak of many things I can relate to or see the same way. But others that seem way over there. Im not going to knock you for it.. But will voice my opinion over it.. ;)

12. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Feb 8 2007, 11:34 PM) [snapback]387302[/snapback]</div>
    If you could see, you would see overwhelming evidence to the molecular level the evidence of His love.
    Even if you could not feel it. God is not limited to any one level, nor is the evidence of His Presence.
    The reciever and "perceiver" is where the limit lies.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Feb 8 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]387305[/snapback]</div>
    I thought this reply was very fair and well balanced......
    The End of the world is not much of a concern...... whether you see eternity tomorrow is.

Most of us only want relief from the pain and don't really understand what we are looking for.

God is the missing element in a complete existence.

Its not supposed to be "right" without him.

13. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    One of you stated "The 3 wise men read the book". I never heard that. I thought they followed a star. I guess the book was the road map or something. Not a lot of books around back then.

I have never heard the term "heartwashing". Another one I will have to remember.

I hope you send your spirit back...that would at least be some proof of an afterlife.

I don't want to die. Not many who are sane want to die. Some in the Middle East and I guess around here look forward to it. 72 virgins...stripper factories...green fields...ect. sounds nice. You know...heaven without some kind of conflict might get really old after a while. :(

14. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  15. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 9 2007, 07:01 AM) [snapback]387355[/snapback]</div>
    In searching for the truth in nature, regardless of what I like to believe or is convenient to me.

16. Mirza

Mirza New Member

So, MS, by your logic everyone should accept 9-11 because it was religious in nature.

I think not.

17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Feb 9 2007, 07:42 AM) [snapback]387385[/snapback]</div>

Its a largely misunderstood concept.... you die so he may live in you.. since the two cannot coexist together, one is deemed dead through free will and place under the atonement of blood washing " spiritually speaking" which makes the imperfections and sins "not" imputed against you so you may have fellowship with God, .... he said.. because I am holy, so shall ye be holy....

I'ts impossible to be holy and carry sin.... the sin has to be removed.

Through mans free will sin came into the world, so by the same method.. it had to be a man that removed it.. someone born of a woman..... unless you have an earthsuit, you have no authority here because all dominion and authority was given to man over the earth.

Satan stole that authority when he tricked man into sinning, but the "second Adam" as mentioned in the Bible is Jesus.. by his "free will offereing" sin was removed... it could not have been done by another.. it had to be someone who could split dimensions....

someone who was of Heaven, yet born of earth.... now we can be born of heaven too because he chose to be born of earth!!! He became the "firstborn" among many bretheren... "us"

If you notice.. he never did his first miracle until he first recieved the Holy Spirit... even though he was "born" of the Holy Spirit, he never excercised that authority, but did it the way and prepared the way to show us how to operate in it. He did his works "through" the power of the Holy Spirit... sure he could have went through other channels and excercised his "divine" power and called down thousands of Angels come and to mop up, but he didnt', he prepared our way, and followed proper protocol as the Father directed him.

It seems very confusing, but its so simple and beautiful once the puzzle starts to make a picture that makes sense.

This whole master plan is to glorify God.

Without the pain and all the negatives you see in this world, the healing and positives could never be known or demonstrated... through our weakness is his strength made known, if we were powerful like the angels... our pride would kill us... he gave us free will which made us like him, but gave us enough vulnerablity that we would be forced to cling to him for strength as to not grow independent and get decieved as Lucifer did.

18. Mirza

Mirza New Member

At this very moment... I am envisioning something in my head... seriously - I shat you not... I am walking a dog around the pearly gates of heaven... then I yell "smite me!" Nothing happens. So I let the dog mark its territory on the pearly gates (hey, according to you god made everything the way it is - so in my vision it is so!)... surely you understand what I mean without having to get too detailed?

Hmm............... I don't think any diseases are affecting me right now. I haven't turned into a swine. Gues I haven't tried hard enough, eh? ;)

All these ridiculous quotes you stupidly follow have about as much weight as actually believing the Middle Earth was true. Long live Frodo!

19. Mirza

Mirza New Member

There was a time when I actually respected others' 'belief systems' no matter how inane... but then I saw how these people had the audicity to make fun of others' equally inane belief systems... after that point - I told myself the gloves have come off. I no longer tolerate nonsense.

All these ridiculous quotes you stupidly follow have about as much weight as actually believing the Middle Earth was true.

Anyhow......
    Long live Frodo!