1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Down to the Rapture

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Beryl Octet, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Most people want peace. But the factions which are fighting over the possesion of the land of Isarel has been going on for centuries.

It is very unfortunate, but the way I see it for the most part is that the president of Iran says that he wants to wipe Israel off the face of the map.

Hmm....It makes me think of the story of Cain and Abel. They were asked to offer animal sacrifices. One brother, Abel offered an animal sacrifice to the Lord, and it was pleasing to Him. But the other brother, Cain, offered the fruit from the ground, his crops. Which was more pleasing to God? The one who obeyed, or the one who disobeyed?

The one who disobeyed knew in his spirit that what he did was not right because his countenance was very sad and very angry. God told him that he would be accepted if he responded in the right way. He also told him that sin was waiting to attack and destroy him, and that he must subdue it.

But he didn't heed the words of God, and so he murdered his brother, Abel.

God gave the promised land to Issac and his seed. The land was not promised to Ismael or his seed; but yet Ismael would be "a wild donkey of a man, whose hands would be against his brothers, and his brothers hands against him."

If Ismael, would do what is right, then his countenance would change, and God would bless him. But as it is, sin was waiting to attack Ismael and his seed; and they have not been able to subdue the evil one which has attacked them and mastered them.

Jesus, the Son of The Most High God, said, "The devil comes only to kill, rob, and destroy."

Jesus, the Son of The Most High God, also said, "That there is nothing to be found against Love."

The Muslim is missing out on the many, many blessings that God is waiting to pour out upon him; but they only come through Jesus Christ the Son of the Most High God. But unfortunately for the Muslim, he doesn't believe that Jesus is The Son of God, only a prophet.

But the Lord knows how to reveal Himself to those He wants to reveal Himself. Perhaps then, they will taste and see that the Lord God is good, and believe that what God has said about Himself, and His Son are true, and will make a life changing decision to ask for the kingdom, or the rule and reign of God through His Son Jesus, to be made manifest in his life.

2. Mirza

Mirza New Member

loveit,

Where was your Lord when he let the hijackers 'fulfill their divine destinies?' Seems to me that you ought to consider Islam, given 'the evidence.'

3. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Where He always is, everywhere. If I ascend unto the heavens, He is there, if I descend unto the utmost part of the earth He is there.

God gives man freewill to live His life. But do not be deceived for what a man sows, so shall he reap, and more than he has sown.

Mirza, one day, each person will have to give an account to God for how they lived their life here on earth. Including believers.

Those who don't want to live with and for God, will have their desire; they won't be with God in heaven when they die, they will go to another place. (Just because someone says that something doesn't exist, doesn't necessarily mean that's true.) That is their reward. It won't be a pretty one either. By their own words they have judged themselves, and so they get what they desire: an eternity without the presence of God, and they are cast into the lake of fire, which is reserved for the devil and his cohorts; this is what is known as the second death.

But for the believer he passes from judgement into life. The second death will not affect him, and he will not thrown into the lake of fire. The reason he will not be judged by the Father, is that the believer has judged himself and has agreed with the Father that he is a sinner; and so he, the sinner, accepts the payment for his sin(s), which was the shed blood of Christ on the cross. Because the believer has judged himself, he goes to live with the Father and the Son, and the Holy Spirit forever. In that essence, he has passed from death to life.

But the believer will be either rewarded or suffer the loss of reward based on the way he lived his life here on earth. If he lived for the Father, and the rule & reign of God's kingdom in his heart superseeded everything else, including his own selfish desires, then the Lord will reward Him for it.

"Well, done thy faithful servant. Enter into the Master's joy."

Not everyone who calls Jesus, Lord, Lord is a true believer. If a person doesn't do what the Master asks him to do, then what good is he? He is good for nothing.

As a matter of fact, if you don't do what you should be doing, then Jesus says, "depart from me you wicked person, for I never knew you."

So you see, it is more than just lip service. God is seeking those who will as I said in the previous post pertaining to the woman at the well, seek those who worship Him with their whole heart, and worship truthfully or in other words live their lives according to what they say they believe.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

If those who are made righteous, through the blood of Christ barely be saved not by their on doing but by the death of Christ on the cross, what hope do those have who don't believe, and don't want to receive the payment for their sin, to be free, and so turn away from the gift of Jesus' death on the cross? None.

There is salvation under no other name but the name of Jesus. Why because God paid with His OWN blood through His Son.

Good night Mirza. Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite! ;)

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Feb 10 2007, 12:13 AM) [snapback]387926[/snapback]</div>
    But where was Ala when the one hit the ground?

God doesn't control anyway.... he just gets the last word...... his word does the work.... thats a whole nother volume of discussion how that happens....

5. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 10 2007, 09:17 AM) [snapback]388029[/snapback]</div>
    Newsflash: Ummm...., Muslims worship the same god as Jews and Christians. They just happen to call him Allah, rather than Yahweh or God.

6. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  7. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewhanley @ Feb 10 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]388082[/snapback]</div>
    No... 100% wrong.

8. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 10 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]388118[/snapback]</div>
    Hey! It is the same one. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all abrahamic religions. The Qu'ran and the old testament are more similar than you might think:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

In the study of comparative religion, an Abrahamic religion is any religion deriving from a common ancient Semitic tradition and traced by their adherents to Abraham ("Father/Leader of many" Hebrew אַבְרָהָם ("Avraham") Arabic ابراهيم ("Ibrahim"), a patriarch whose life is narrated in the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, and as a prophet in the Qur'an.

You didn't know THAT!

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewhanley @ Feb 10 2007, 12:15 PM) [snapback]388082[/snapback]</div>
    Newsflash..major wrong.....

Thats the lie they try and tell Amercans to take the heat off......

They do it under the pretext of the "creator"... sorry there is only one "creator".... thier God doesn't hold the same values as ours.
    Ours does not delight that any should perish.....

(Isa 44:6 KJV) Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
    (Isa 44:7 KJV) And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them show unto them.
    (Isa 44:8 KJV) Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Many Kings.. but only one King of Kings!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Feb 10 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]388121[/snapback]</div>
    YOu will never see a counterfeit 3 dollar bill.. because there are no originals......

Counterfeit religions mimic the original.... otherwise it would be obvious they are false?

Abraham worshipped a God long before his illegal son Ishmael was born.... out of that seed became the Arabs.....

10. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Feb 10 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]388116[/snapback]</div>
    That was great...thanks for sharing!!! :lol:

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 9 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]387787[/snapback]</div>
    This really is too funny, Im sitting here reading this entire thread with an OPEN MIND. :mellow: I noticed that there are an awful lot of college educated people that are not really that smart on the topic of religion... :rolleyes:

No matter how they try to disprove, offer educated reasons why one shouldn't believe in a book of myths & parables or a god that you can't see. So if you can't see him, we don't belive in him, (I think there was a spot in the bible about that) We will continue to keep our faith and believe and share our testimonies with others that are willing to listen.......

What are books? We read books for education, we read books for entertainment & to excite the mind, we read books to worship. I remember in middle school the history/geography books of then to the books of today if you compaire the two you will find the books of today have info that has been omitted or changed to become politically correct. and you place your education on a book as we do..

Society of today even banned the movie cartoon Briar Rabbit, because some said it had slavery undertones.
    That was a part of history that is becoming like other parts, omitted or reworded .. So how do you know what you've been taught is the truth? Because MAN said so and you got the degree to hang on the wall that says your smart. :rolleyes:

Bottom line on the Book issue is, what are books? They are stories, of events that have happend or mystical. your basing your education on a book(s).

12. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Priusguy, that wasn't my point. The word education means developing knowledge or skill or building character. My point was that if you get an education, and you don't put it to use, or don't know how to use it, then what good is it?

If you don't understand something, you generally ask questions of a person who has some knowledge about it.

Likewise, if you want answers to questions about God, you can do a couple of things: you can ask Him your questions, or you can read the bible to get a good perspective of what He thinks about something.

The Bible was for teaching, correction, and reproof. Now that's education.

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 10 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]388142[/snapback]</div>
    YOu haven't read anything I've said yet have you?

The letters alone in a book are "dead" without knowing the one who inspired the book.

We are not taking about "education" here... is "experience".

You cannot disprove with your "education" what I have already experienced and know.

Remember, the Pharasees and Scribes were the most educated in the land, yet they missed the Son of God right under their nose... it wasn't like he was hiding either.. casting out devils, healings, miracles...he was famed throughout the land, but thier security and status as teachers and superior beings of knowledge was offended by someone who seemingly broke all the rules.... they missed it!!!!!!

their "knowledge and education" is acutally what blinded them.

14. Loveit

Loveit New Member

You got that right Windstrings.

Saul/Paul missed it so badly that the Lord struck Him blind on the road to Damascus to get his attention. Then Paul spent 3 years learning from another couple about Jesus and the message He preached, he was finally able to understand. Paul was a Pharisee, and highly educated in the ways of the Jewish laws and customs. But if it were not for Paul, the bible would not have been as widespread as it is today.

Anyway, the disciples were the average joe schmoes. They were not highly educated. But they walked beside Jesus for 3 years and were open to learning. Even after the death and ressurection of Christ they were still learning, as all of us are.

15. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Feb 10 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]388128[/snapback]</div>
    I am not going to argue that I know more scripture than you, as you are obviously well-versed; however, you are dead wrong on this one. They do indeed worship the same god. I have several Muslim friends, none of whom I consider to be liars, nor illegitimate sons of Abraham.

As for the quote in bold: Couldn't Jews claim the same of Christianity?

16. Loveit

Loveit New Member

EWHanley, no. The Muslims do not worship the same God as the Jews and the Christians.

The Muslims say that their God has no Son named Jesus; but that He is only a prophet.

Jews and Christians believe that God has a Son. The Jews call Him Messiah, and the Christians call Him Jesus.

Those who do not believe that Jesus or the Messiah is the Son of God are anti-Christ; meaning that they are against the belief that God has a Son.

17. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 10 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]388157[/snapback]</div>
    Jews do not believe that Jesus was the Messiah, hence they are, in your words, "anti-Christ." It is obvious that the two of us will never agree on this, but I do have another question for you:

Buddhism. Many Buddhist monks live extremely pure lives that are devoid of belief in Christ. Does someone who spends their entire life doing good works and going out of their way to do no harm to others, up to and including insects, go to hell in your way of thinking? Just curious.

BTW. I am impressed with your conviction, though I do not agree with your absolute assessment of all things biblical.

18. Loveit

Loveit New Member

There are Jews today, who actually believe that Jesus is the Son of God who was born of a virgin, was crucified on the cross for their sins, and was resurrected on the third day.

There are other Jews who are still waiting for the Son of God to appear as foretold in their prophecies. But that doesn't mean they do not believe that God has no Son. Quite the contrary. That's why when they celebrate the Passover, there is always an empty seat at the head of the table waiting for the presence of the long awaited Messiah.

So THEY DO BELIEVE in a God who has a Son that will reign as their King.

So no, the Jews are not anti-Christ.

Christians definitely believe in Jesus; and that He is the Son of God.

So, the Christian and the Jew both believe God has a Son.

But for the Muslims, they profess that God never had any offspring.

However, the Muslimes do believe that Jesus was a prophet but that He is not the Son of God.

19. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewhanley @ Feb 10 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]388168[/snapback]</div>
    Nor do Jews believe that the Messiah, when he comes, will be the son of G-d.
    Also read: Jews for Judaism - The Messiah

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 10 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]388175[/snapback]</div>
    Those who call themselves Jews for Jesus practice Christianity not Judaism.

Jews for Judaism and specifically Jews for Judaism - The Jewish Concept of Messiah and the Jewish Response to Christian Claims

20. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Feb 10 2007, 04:11 PM) [snapback]388154[/snapback]</div>
    Isn't it always funny how Jesus had to find "average Joes" to teach something too?

Why didn't he go to the church?

Funny how even today, when he starts a new fresh move, he has to use some small prayer group thats hungry and open... it rarely comes from the mainstream church.

Don't get me wrong.... His church is alive and well... but there are tons of "churches" who proclaim admission to the church of God that are far off the map as they do not hear his voice, nor do they obey it.

When you can walk in a church and "know" what is going to happen before you grace the doorstep.. God is "not" in control of that service.... the form and ritual is.

When God is in control, who can see the hearts and knows the pains and needs, His heart of compassion is always compelled to answer prayer and touch and heal.... most services don't allow for God to move, and if so, it is so limited that God has to "jump in" his little 2 minute window, or thats it.

When man is in control.. God is not.
    When God is in control.. man is not.....

To look forward 6 months and to the 3rd sunday of the month and you can see what the priest will be ministering on because it was already "sent down" from the higher church powers... thats sacrilage!

A Priest is supposed to be a link between man and God that hears the word of the Lord and passes it on for the day... God speaks every day and it always confirms his written word... second... we all are supposed to be able to hear Gods words.

True, someone more mature and attuned may be your pastor and give the word, but if that word doesn't strike home and bear witness with what God has already spoke into your heart, either he is missing it, or you are dead spiritually.