1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dr Prius Accuracy? P0A80/P3021

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by HBK, Aug 16, 2020.

1. HBK

HBK New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    FullDiagnostic_2020-08-15_07-42-26.jpg Screenshot_2020-08-15-08-13-41.png New guy here with the wife's Prius issues. Been a slight lurker here the past couple years whenever issues came up, and appreciate the good information from you good people here. Well, the moment has come where the red triangle won't go away.

My question is how reliable/accurate is the Dr Prius app? I've always used Torque Pro, then just recently downloaded Dr Prius when P0A80 started getting consistent from a couple weeks ago. I'm getting P3021 fairly consistent as well, with the app pointing at block 11 showing poor balance. I'm assuming at this point, that block 11 needs to be tested and most likely replaced.

Overall I'm asking that since Dr Prius is pointing at just block 11, am I generally safe ordering two cells so I'm ready to go when pulling the HV pack? Or should I definitely wait and see the test results of each cell?

Also, I see the popular amazon link to the cells are out of stock at the moment, is this still the preferred source? Perhaps ebay?

Thanks in advance.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't have it, but i don't recall seeing any complaints