1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dr. Prius App Codes

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Phil Yaden, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Phil Yaden

Phil Yaden New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Started using Dr. Prius app cant see any codes. Am I using the wrong version? 2011 getting brake alarm,eng, VSC and red triangle,...but app isnt showing any codes. prius bat 07.png should I be worried about #8.

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    DrPrius can only show codes from the ECM (engine/ICE) and Hybrid Control - ecu's. I am not sure if it will consistently pull codes from the HV battery ecu. That's all.

Yes, there is something wrong with block 8. Normal "voltage diff" is 0.3V or less with low or no amps. Brief readings of up to twice that are fine. If the voltage difference is too high for too long then the battery ecu will set codes.

Maybe one of the two battery modules in block 8 has failed. Maybe there's corrosion at the voltage sense harness connector of the battery ecu.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. Phil Yaden

Phil Yaden New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Ok good. Trying to get the tools I need for Prius's. Have performed mechanic work for years and just started working on a couple prius's. Was hoping this app could read what codes that were being thrown for all these lights to appear. Someone mentioned something in another thread about a higher level "paid" portion of Dr, Prius. Didnt know what to buy....

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    tech stream/mini vci is the gold standard. lots of threads here to read up on it