1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DR. Prius App Question-New Hybrid Owner!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Salty Hybrid, Feb 20, 2020.

?
  1. YES

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Salty Hybrid

Salty Hybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello everyone! I am new to the Prius Hybrid family and have a few questions in regards to the Dr. Prius App. I have done my share of research and homework on this App. I find the App appears to be helpful in so many ways. I do not want to take my Hybrid to the mechanic each time I get an error reading! Can't find any real honest mechanics in the Southern California area and seems its $150.00 just to see what an error code is! I'd much rather buy the DR. Prius App and an OBDII Reader the App states. I can then access the protocol at any time to check on my battery condition to error codes. Just posting the first of my ton of questions for Dr. Prius/Dr.Hybrid App and this cool Prius Chat group of people! Definitely find myself loving this Hybrid experience and the fuel economy!

-Any information for this Dr Prius App would be appreciated! How many of you use it? Heard of it and considering using it?
    -Benefits>?
    -Concerns>?
    -Too good to be true>?

Anytime monitoring and system analysis sounds amazing for the amount the App and reader costs!

Thanks for your time everyone!

-Salty Hybrid

2. burebista

burebista Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd suggest to take a look at Hybrid Assistant too. It's free and it's an amazing monitoring tool for hybrids. And Hybrid Reporter for endless info and graphs about your trip.

I bought Dr. Prius only for battery tests and it's also a nice app.

Last but not least Torque Pro. An immortal "classic" app for monitoring your car.

PS. Don't go cheap on OBD reader. Buy an OBDLink genuine one and you'll won't regret it.

#2 burebista, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Salty Hybrid and dig4dirt like this.
  3. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I ordered the Panlong reader on amazon for $11 It is roughly $10-15

Dr Prius recommends it too.

I have the app, you have to pay maybe $8-10? for the battery tests, but well worth it.
    It may be a few more bucks for apple phones.

Yes, combo of the other hybrid app's are nice too!

burebista and Salty Hybrid like this.
  4. Salty Hybrid

Salty Hybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for your reply! I have been taking a look at the various apps and the Dr. Prius App looks to be the most 'User' friendly. I will be checking into the reader and will check the Panlong reader you have suggested and Dr. Prius as well! Thank you!

dig4dirt likes this.
  5. Salty Hybrid

Salty Hybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for taking time to reply! I appreciate your suggestions and will check into the options! I do like the Battery Tests options!

burebista likes this.
  6. BLNT

BLNT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone looking to get the quality Carista OBD2 Bluetooth adapter, use coupon code BALINT30 to get 30% off from the adapter until March 27th.

Coupon is valid through the https://caristaapp.com website and on all Amazon stores. Just search for Carista OBD2 adapter.

If you are interested in learning more on the company, tune in to today's prius podcast episode where I have a chat with the head of sales at Carista:
    https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/13521578/tdest_id/1776686?fbclid=IwAR30_NzuslrYJpG8RqYx76glmx5DnIAi2XWPVSmZSGoz4e-EXFK7m2uPmyI

AzusaPrius likes this.