1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Draft old people

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, Oct 14, 2006.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Here is the language for the United States Department of Justice Criminal Resource Manual for its prosecutors:

Contrast that with the following:

As I have been saying all along. It is only a crime (as opposed to an illegality) to re-enter the United States without a visa after being deported.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Oct 17 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]334225[/snapback]</div>
    What this is saying is that parts ( a ), ( c ), and ( d ), which are all criminal offenses were already there in the Code, and part ( b ), the civil offense part, was added by the IIRIRA.
    This part addresses deportation, and doesn't help to clarify things.
    Well I hope you're right but I just don't read it that way.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Oct 17 2006, 05:29 PM) [snapback]334215[/snapback]</div>
    No.
    Section ( a ) describes the conduct and the punishment for ( a ). Section ( b ) describes the conduct and punishment for ( b ), and so forth.
    (Section ( a ) contains a single, complete sentence.)

It certainly is possible that my lack of training in the field has led me to mis-read things though.