1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drawer in Console?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RBW111, Mar 28, 2005.

1. reesdude

reesdude New Member

...most definitely!

another interesting find is that if you press BASS and TREMBLE at the same time it will actually adjust MID. just thought it related...

2. RMunroe

RMunroe New Member

I use the console drawer for the registration, proof of insurance and other papers that I don't want the "wrong" person to find. If you cover the papers with a dark material (I use a thin foam pad) even if someone opens the drawer they may not see what is actually in there.

For another neat storage areas for what, god's nose! But in the back area, left side (in front of the tail light) is another little chamber. The similar area on the right side contains the 12 volt battery

3. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    oo nice idea.

I have yet to find somethign that will fit in the small space in the back of the car.

4. NHPrius

NHPrius New Member

I wish those back side compartments were deep enough for a bottle of windshield wiper fluid - I was able to get a bottle in the lower compartment, but I had to lay it on its side and I worry that it might leak.

I have always driven around with a bottle in the car - especially in winter because the road salted wet spray from the road can make it impossible to see out the windshield if you run out of the wiper fluid.......

5. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you could always get a smaller fatter bottle from the store pour it in there instead.

6. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

That left rear cubby isn't a bad locaton for a subwoofer, if only I could figure out a clean mounting.

7. BigFire

BigFire New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stocky\";p=\"77303)</div>
    It also fits the armrest tray that I'm currently not using (armrest box is where I keep my tissue papers).

8. BigFire

BigFire New Member

I'm using the center console tray the way I used to use my Camrys' front ashtray, to hold pen & my work badge. I tends to loose things, so this way I have one place for that badge.

9. mrichman

mrichman New Member

How about a Peltier refrigerator that would plug into the 12V outlet in the console? Could hold a 6 pack!

Mike

10. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi All,

Regarding the desire to carry window cleaner. I decided not to carry a bottle of liquid around as I have had them leak in the past (especially when it gets hot and the fluid comes near to boiling). So, I went to the 99 cent store and bought a package of pretreated window wipes. They come in a canister like you get baby wipes in and one sheet will wipe all the windows before going totally dry.

You can also find monitor cleaning wipes there for the same price. These work well on the MFD for fingerprints. Only one package will fit in the back side cubby at a time so my window wipes live there and the monitor wipes get stowed under the hatch.

Take care all,

Tisza

11. priushead

priushead New Member

I keep my weed in it...... :mrgreen: I keep my weed in it......

12. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I've lined it with a plastic bag, and use it as a litter bag.

13. agile pagile

agile pagile New Member

The drawer is very handy for storing $100 bills for the valet parking. I keep about 400 of them and they fit very nicely! What do you think :) :)

14. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What about lining the drawer with cedar and using it as a humidifier for fine cigars!! It would take a little work to make it airtight but, ummm yum, humidor fresh cigars on demand!!!!! :evillaugh:

15. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate\";p=\"80874)</div>
    Y'know... it's just about the perfect size for that. :)