1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dreaded P brake error

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by jeremybnz, Nov 1, 2021.

1. jeremybnz

jeremybnz New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I started getting the dreaded P brake error, unfortunately the message is in Japanese as its an import, but google translate cleared it up... have replaced the battery but no luck, I assumed it was the battery as jump starting the car appeared to fix it... today I checked the fuses and other connectors, unplugged the hybrid battery connector and left that out for 10 mins, plugged it back in and car would fire up fine, took it for a big drive and came home, parked it up, tried to start again and P brake error... ergh... should have an OBD2 scanner in a day or so to check for error codes, but any other ideas??

2. jeremybnz

jeremybnz New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Should also mention, one time after getting it started I turned the high beam lights on while driving and it killed drive to the system, so theres definitely something weird going on electrically...