1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drive Off Fees?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by socalclimber, Feb 25, 2006.

1. socalclimber

socalclimber New Member

Hi all,

Quick question. The SoCal dealer is quoting me that the drive off fees for leasing an 06 Prius are 1st month's payment, $400 Acquisition Fee, and tags.

Is the $400 Acquisition Fee standard across all dealerships? In other words, is this dealership marking this fee up? Or even worse, is this fee legit?

Advise, please.

Thanks.

2. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Its a "paperwork processing fee" so it might vary from leasing agency to leasing agency. [Edited to add that it appears the fee is imposed by the leasing agency and not the dealership]

Did you check to see if you still qualify for a tax credit if you lease the vehicle rather than buy?

3. socalclimber

socalclimber New Member

Well, I am leasing from Toyota Financial Services so the fee is imposed by them. I am pretty sure its a valid fee, I just wanted to make sure that the fee isn't being "padded" by the dealer.

And unfortunately, I will not qualify for the tax credit. But, I think I qualify for the HOV sticker.