1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drive School in Spotsy, VA

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by tbstout2, Jul 8, 2008.

1. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My 17 YO daughter recently began her “behind the wheel†driving instruction. I initially called Blue Gray Driving School as they had a high score on one of the sites I looked in to. Lesson learned!
    On the first day of class the owner, Pete, alienated my kid by a) telling her that the college she would like to attend is for “homosâ€, and b) explained to her, and the other kids in the car, that black girls are bad drivers because their parents drive Lincoln’s and Cadillac’s - which are too big to learn to drive in. Ohhhh kay, Mr. Racist! He also was a very poor teacher in the sense that he would criticize an action without explaining the proper way to handle the mistake. Plus, he was pretty gruff towards the kids.
    After the first day Pete had my kid drive with his wife who “is better with girlsâ€. True, she was, but in the end we couldn’t stand knowing that we’d be paying them any more money than we had to for the two days she was with that school. The second day the wife told my kid that she could come back to school once she learned how to make better turns. Uh… I thought that they were the school!!!
    I began to ask some of my teacher friends that are “in the knowâ€. When I uttered “Blue Gray Driving School†my friend said, “OMG! He’s a letch!! How could you let your kid drive with him?†Others explained that he wasn’t good with females and that he was an idiot (not my words!).
    When I fired him he was pissed! Seriously mad, he was. His tirades were disturbing but I just let him babble on until he handed me the “green card†(which is the proof of classroom completion) and a small refund. This dude was in my face like he wanted to brawl! Lastly, he asked which school we were changing to. When I told him he replied, “She’s an old lady that will just take them on back roads and around in circles.â€
    In the end I used Spotsylvania Driving School. The lady there, Mrs. Carter, is great with the kids and has done a fab job at getting mine to drive much better. Woo hoo! My fabulous daughter is NOT a great driver and she may not pass the test. If not, oh well, she’ll get more practice!

2. Spectra

Spectra Amphi-Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sounds a lot like the driving teacher I had ages ago, when that sort of attitude was rather mainstream.

The driving school car we used was a blue '68 Plymouth Valiant. I can still hear that slant-6 roar. :pound:

3. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow, sounds like this guy doesnt deserve to have a business license. The school i went with 3 years ago (yes young Prius owner) had one guy in particular that i had, which didnt care what i did. Very little teaching going on there. That little bit about big cars not being good to learn in, i got my Tundra when i was 16 years old in 2005 brand new. Learned to drive in it, took my drivers behind the wheel exam in it. I passed with 1 demerit. Its not the size of the vehicle that makes a difference, its the nut teaching you how to drive like this nutjob.

4. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Not going to lie, I was hoping this thread was going to be about a driving school using Prius.

5. clooch

clooch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes I hoped that as well, oh by the way has anyone tried to take a driving test with one? If so how do the examiners react? I would think one would get an interesting look from them.

6. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hmm, my brother is going in for his in November, might just let him take it.