1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drive the plug in Prius at Green Drive Expo (Madison, WI) July 17 &18

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ericbecky, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Green Drive Expo rolls into Madison, Wisconsin July 17 & 18 for it's fifth year of fun and we look forward to seeing you there!

We've been dispelling myths and sharing information about green vehicles for five years now, and it's people like you that make Green Drive Expo great.

There are always plenty of PriusChat folks there. Some have already registered and now it's time for you to register, too. The weekend is like a big family reunion and I can't wait to enjoy hanging out with everyone.

So what is special about this year's event?

Chelsea Sexton from Who Killed the Electric car will be the featured speaker this year and she'll share her views on where green vehicles are headed.

There will be special vehicles to drive at this year's event like the
    - Toyota PHEV
    - Enginer PHEV

You'll see cars like the EV1, X-prize participant vehicles, Teslas, find out about how to use your ScanGauge, and repair hybrid batteries.

There will be plenty for the public to see and do, but for those of you who sign up as members this year we'll have plenty more!

Fun things like the MPG Challenge on Friday, Owners Showcase on Saturday, cruise-in night on Thursday, reserved time to drive the Prius PHEV, awards, door prizes, private technical and user sessions.

With your $75 registration you get:
    - Green Drive Expo T-Shirt
    - Green Drive Expo Goodie Bag
    - Reserved space to show your green vehicle in the Green Drive Expo "Owners Showcase"
    - Eligibility to win awards in the Green Drive Expo "Owners Showcase"
    - Eligibility for special members-only door prizes
    - You and your children (under age 16) receive free admission to the Dane County Fair
    - Full access to the members' hospitality area
    - Invitation to compete in the Green Drive Expo MPG Challenge on Friday, July 16
    - Green Drive Expo Member-only "How-To" sessions on Sunday morning
    - Invitations to the Green Drive Expo members-only gatherings during the weekend
    - And, of course, you'll also receive the satisfaction of knowing you're helping make the Green Drive Expo event possible!

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there for now. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll respond in the thread.

Come join us in celebrating five years of hybrid car camaraderie!

You can register for the event on line
    Become a Member - Madison

Also checkout the Facebook page for the latest updates.

2. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks Eric. Toyota will be there in a fairly big way, and we will have some not-huge-but-not-insignificant fun news to talk about. Hope everyone nearby makes the effort to attend!

Doug Coleman
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota Motor Sales, USA

3. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    A lot of us not so nearby will be there too!

4. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not a peep out of our favorite whipping-boyz about Volt test
    drives, huh? Figures.
    _H*

5. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There are a very limited number of Volts out there and there was not one available for the Madison Green Drive Expo. GM is hoping that there will be some more available in time for the October Green Drive Expo in California.

The fact that Toyota has made the commitment to have their PHEVs available for test drives is an opportunity I hope many of you take advantage of. I will be very interested to here people's feedback about their PHEV experience.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :bump:
    Yeah, I'm bumping this post to remind everyone about the Green Drive Expo in Madison, Wisconsin. If you haven't yet registered, there's still time.

Also, I wanted to confirm something that some of you might think is pretty neat. I'll be driving the PHEV in the MPG Challenge this year. Toyota's actually letting me take it out on the course.

Eric has already mentioned to me that the course is longer than the 14 miles of EV the PHEV will provide, so while I'll still get better MPG than a conventional hybrid, I will not stand a chance compared to the other PHEVs. But I'll do my best.

7. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Tony,
    You are going to have some interesting competition for the other versions of plug-in's that will be in the MPG Challenge. There are several versions from different aftermarket companies.