1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

drive through car wash

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cordluver, Oct 1, 2009.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To force charge hold down the brake and accelerator at the same time.

2. Slovewell

Slovewell New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I go through the car wash all the time. All I do is switch to N. If the battery gets low it fires up the engine to charge the battery. I even take the keys with me. The car beeps but doesn't turn off. The car wash guy knows not to hit the power button and he turns on the flashers on the hybrids. He does this to let the guy pulling the cars out know that it is a Hybrid and he doesn't need the button pushed to pull out. Do you guys put you cars in park before you turn them off. When I get where I am going, and I want to leave the car, I just hit the power button. It puts the car in park and turns it off in one step. I can't remember the last time I hit the park button.

3. Superdrol

Superdrol Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just Power it off and let the brakes park automatically. When I park first the shut off the car it gyrated back and forth so I don't do that anymore

4. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four

You can try what I do: either wash yourself or use Griot's Garage spray-on car wash. The latter although somewhat pricey works beautifully.
    Spray-On Car Wash Kit