1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver’s Seat (Base) Fabric Removal/Disassembly

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Canard, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Canard

Canard Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there,

Embarrassingly, I watched in horror as a very large and angry insect of some kind crawled into the gap at the left side base of my driver’s seat. I need to pull the seat apart to make sure it’s gone (or dead). I’m thinking there must be a way to pull the fabric itself off the seat. Could anyone direct me to any threads that might have insight into this? I searched but couldn’t find anything, I’m sorry - I know there’s nothing more annoying than duplicate threads.

Thank you so much,

-Iain

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Let it be

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The Repair Manual (more info) has illustrated procedures, under Vehicle Interior: Seat: Front Seat Assembly, for removal, disassembly, reassembly, and installation, but I think @tankyuong's kind suggestion is the right one: getting the fabric covers back on without wrinkles can be tricky.

If you decide to attempt it, note that the hog rings are non-reusable parts, so you’ll need replacements and a pair of hog ring pliers to install them. Also, remember that there is an airbag assembly inside the seat, so be sure to review the important safety precautions in the Repair Manual.

Canard likes this.
  4. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you were local, I’d bring over my ozone generator. This thing will add another oxygen molecule to the air so anything that needs oxygen to survive will cease, that included odors, molds, insects, plants & etc.

Canard likes this.