1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver door speaker problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Dirk dinggler 48, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Dirk dinggler 48

Dirk dinggler 48 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just bought a 2010 Prius with jbl sound system with navigation.i have the 8 speaker setup and my question is about the driver door speaker.driver door and left dash speaker work great with the Bluetooth but do not work while listening to radio.I took it back to the dealer and they said this is normal.Is this normal?Doesnt seem like those 2 speakers would be dedicated to Bluetooth only.

giveupnt likes this.
  2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    This is the Prius-v forum, BTW.
    Are you aware that you have separate balance adjustments for the different inputs? Have you checked those settings?

3. giveupnt

giveupnt New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have the same problem!! pls tell me whats going on!!

4. Anas Almustafa

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I had the same problem, where the driver side speaker wont work on some radio stations.

When i switch to another strong radio station it works again. I am guessing it has something to do with Mono and Stereo HD radio broadcasting as well as weak and strong radio signals which causes the left speaker to have a weaker sound.

Another possibility might be that the speakers lines to the head unit are mixed up where one of the 2 front speakers are connected to the 2 right speakers instead.