1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver Monitor Frustration

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Phil M, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Phil M

Phil M New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Currently have two 2023 Prii. One is an XLE the other is a prime xse. The prime has the “driver monitor” feature and it’s driving me nuts. Other features as well.

First, you have to turn it off driver brake suggestion, driver monitor and front cross traffic assist EVERY time you get in the car. Is there a way to just LEAVE these off and not have to do it each time I’m in the car,

Second, when I have already turned the system off… system off… it still will show me “driver monitor not available” when I block the sensor. I like to drive with my hand at 12oclock and this is a super annoying warning. Driver monitor system is already off but still sends the warning. ANNOYING. Any ideas or fixes would be awesome. Thanks!!

bisco likes this.
  2. GeoJ

GeoJ Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I have turned off driver monitor and it stays off. Not sure if that is your question.
    I do agree that once it is off, for me slightly annoying that it pops up "driver monitor not available" - the whole point of turning it off is to not have it annoy you! I just ignore it.

Serenity Now and Sedril like this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe "try" to post feedback to Toyota USA. I say "try" cus while I have managed to contact Toyota Canada, it involved a convoluted search; almost like they don't want to hear from you...

GeoJ and Louis19 like this.
  4. Tooly

Tooly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I turned the driver monitor off the day I got the car in the heads up display and it's remained off the whole time.

5. Serenity Now

Serenity Now New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I have the same issue. I have the driver monitor disabled, yet often it will flash "driver monitor unavailable", and I'm like no shite, Sherlock.

6. Downrange

Downrange Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Kinda scary that it's still filming away, just no longer giving you notifications. Welcome to 1984.

Serenity Now likes this.
  7. Serenity Now

Serenity Now New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I'm about to cover that face camera with some electrical tape.