1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver Rear Window Switch cannot move Rear Windows up

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Johnny Cakes, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    When using the switch by the driver seat I can make both rear windows go down, however it is unresponsive to try and get them to go back up. The rear controls for both windows will move the rear windows up or down without issue.

A Google and forum search indicated that other people have had this problem, often with 2015 it seems. One person said there is a "reset" by moving the window down and holding the switch for five seconds. Another person said that didn't work for him, but there was another reset that worked for him but he couldn't remember it.

I have 2015 and this issue. I thought it might be related to the "baby lockout" so I flipped that switch for the door but didn't help. Since several people had had this exact same issue it sounds software and not mechanical. Any ideas?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I remember the window has to be "initialized". I would try using the rear window switches, roll the window down, then hold the window for 30 seconds while it goes up. I believe that is how you can initialize it. Then try doing the same on the driver's door switches.

I believe the steps to do it is in the owners manual

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV