1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver-side Headlight gone out - not bulb nor fuse

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by vitki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. vitki

vitki New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Recently cracked the front bumper on my 2013 Prius Two (reversed over a disguised mound of ice in the driveway). Nothing major, just a crack running up not even halfway on the driver-side of the front bumper, however the driver-side headlight went out.

I checked the LED bulb and it works fine (switched it to the passenger-side headlight and it comes on there), and I checked the fuse (the P/I 2 fuse at least, since there are no H-LP LH LO or H-LP RH LO fuses in the box).

Is there a ready explanation for this or does it require some serious diagnosis?

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Did you check fuses under dash?

3. vitki

vitki New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So far I haven't, I'm flipping through the manual and don't see a fuse in the dash box that seems appropriate. Is there one you have in mind?
    I'm seeing some fuses listed as being involved with headlight cleaners and headlight leveling (don't have either equipped), seems strange that those could affect one headlight but not the other.

4. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    If it's not the bulb or the fuse, that leaves the wiring as a possible culprit...

5. Robwan

Robwan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Four

6. Robwan

Robwan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Four
    Did you find analyzer? I have a similar problem.