1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver side power window stops at wrong position on automatic mode

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Raghav, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Raghav

Raghav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a low aux battery some time back, and I was trying to start the car. Same time, I opened window a little bit, but battery died. I had to get it jump started. But then on, the window stops in the position it was in when the battery went out -- about 30% open. If I try to close window in automatic mode, It goes all the way up, then slides down to the "battery dead" position and stops. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Reset some settings?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Roll window down and then hold the switch while rolling all the way up for 10 seconds

goldfinger and Samprocat like this.
  3. Raghav

Raghav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks a lot. It worked. I had to roll window down, hold for 10 seconds, then up, hold for 10 seconds.

4. Ed69

Ed69 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I discovered that anytime we take the driver’s side door panel off and unplug that master window control unit, it will lose its automatic mode.

Rolling the window all the way down and hold for five seconds, then roll it all the way up and hold for five seconds is enough to set the memory.