1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver Speaker not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Lisa28, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Lisa28

Lisa28 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've recently purchased a used 2007 toyota prius. (My 2nd prius, I also have a 2004). The driver side speaker does not play. The tweeter on that side does work, so I initially assumed it was a bad speaker, however, when I took it to my local car audio shop to get replaced he tested the speaker and it did, indeed work. He suggested I get toyota to look at it to see if it's the head unit or the wiring. It seems really weird to me that one speaker in the door would work if it was, indeed, the head unit. Has anyone had any experience with this? I hate to go to toyota if I don't HAVE to. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be worth it to just go ahead and have the audio guy replace the wiring. I'd MUCH rather give him money, he's helped me out a lot on my 2004 prius and didn't even charge me for testing the old speaker.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    if you have the jbl system, it might be the amp under the rf seat, wiring or the head unit. if its not a jbl system, the wiring in the door must be messed up, because the tweeter is wired in parallel with the woofer, and since the tweeter works, the wiring from the head unit to the door must be ok.