1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver window not rolling up properly

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Son of Suns, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Son of Suns

Son of Suns New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For some reason, when I use the auto-up feature of the driver window (pull it two clicks up), the window rolls all the way up, then rolls back down halfway. The only way I can get it to close is to put it up manually (hold it down just one click).

Has anyone else encountered this? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks for the help!

2. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am pretty sure TMC uses current limiting to detect an obstruction and reverse the window if one is found. Exactly how they employ this is something I am not sure of, but many OEMs use switches to detect travel limits and reverse the motor when needed.

Does the glass "rock" when you transition from down to up rapidly? If so, I would check the actuator mounting to the inner door panel. binding can cause the window to reverse before it is completely up.

Is there anything added to the glass (sun block, etc) or debris in the track? Did a sticky substance (soda) get spilled into the door glass area?

3. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You can try to teach the correct positions for it. Roll the window from all the way up to all the way down and keep holding it down for 2 extra seconds. Then roll it all the way up and keep holding it up for 2 extra seconds. If this doesn’t fix it then there’s something making the window hard to move like 05PreeUs was suggesting.

05PreeUs likes this.
  4. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did not realize these could be taught, excellent!