1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drivers door starting to not work

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by ericpurple, Jun 10, 2022.

1. ericpurple

ericpurple New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So a few days ago, I noticed the lights on the 4 windows control switches were flashing. Now the lights are not illuminated.
    Today, I cannot control any window other than the driver's door. And the touch-lock/unlock is not working on the handle.

Do I need to purchase a new 'console' (the brain) on the door to get it working again?

I have read the following other threads:
    Window Control box flashing, Controls driver window and nothing else | PriusChat
    Auto-unlock Drivers side door not working | PriusChat
    Driver door does not unlock, beeps few times | PriusChat

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sounds like it could be a lot of things, and guess-n-buy-parts could be an expensive way of solving it.

If it were mine, I think I'd want to start with reading up in the repair manual, and try to troubleshoot what the problem really is, and then just fix that.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

Can you better describe any pattern those lights might be flashing? There are some threads here with diagrams pasted from the repair manual, showing the different flash patterns.