1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drivers Seat Back Issues

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Jrlennox74, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Jrlennox74

Jrlennox74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    1469129504152.jpg 1469129518787.jpg
    2013 Prius C 3. For a few months now there's been a poking feeling in my upper back right side. After getting tired of this issue I looked into it more and discovered the foam on the seat back had broken, allowing the metal frame to come into contact with my shoulder blade. I ended up ordering a new seat back foam from the dealer for $145.00 and installing it myself. I'll tell you that was a huge project taking the seat cover off and getting it back on after removing and replacing the foam cushion. There are about 16 metal rings you have to pull apart, a few brackets to detach, an exposed airbag to be careful with and a rubber cord that runs both sides of the seat back that give the cover it's tight fit.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Augie Doggie and acsea like this.
  2. acsea

acsea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm getting ready to do this repair on the drivers seat. Does anyone have step by step, photos, or video or the seat cover removal process? Recommendations of removing the seat from the vehicle first?
    TIA.