1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's seat height safety problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Bruce vanNorman, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Bruce vanNorman

Bruce vanNorman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    - The placard is right next to the fuzzy dice :) Seriously, the Prius's double glove compartment is great. We keep the placards, registration papers, and emergency kleenex in the upper one and all the junk in the lower one.
    - That certain age is 70 (State Farm in Washington - 2% increase) and the AARP senior driver class knocks off 5%.

2. Bruce vanNorman

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hello?

3. Daniel Moore

Daniel Moore Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Some one tell me how to raise and lower the drivers seat, I've pumped that damn handle for six weeks I've had it, nothing happens. Am I missing something here, nothing in the drivers manual, give me some help. Got a model 2.

4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's not clearly explained in the manual, but it's a pump so it requires you to do several lifts up or down. Don't just push or pull it once.

5. Bruce vanNorman

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's been over 2 years. The Amazon - Travelmate 3.5" wedge cushion has worked quite well for my wife. We still readjust the seat full up and full down several times per day. I have added 2" quarter circle mirrors to the lower inside of each wing mirror. They are set so when we can see a bit of the car in the stick on mirror, the wing mirror is correctly positioned. And I added a Fresnel lens (the kind they use on RV's) to the rear window. Have been thinking of adding a Gosher's blind spot detectors the last few months because of high speed bicycles whizzing past us as we try to turn into underground parking lots. FYI. we are well into our 70's and have been married for 50 years.

6. Bruce vanNorman

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It takes about 30 full pumps to go between full up and dull down. I wonder if the seat height adjuster will ever wear out?

7. Katherine28

Katherine28 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have a 2011 Prius and I'm 5'4". I thought the driver's seat was higher before, now the seat sitting on the floor and I can't see past the windshield wipers. I took it to the Toyota dealer and the guy said that it was not an electrical adjustable seat. I went on Amazon and found a nice sturdy cushion that raises me 2-3 inches and I still can't see over the wipers. This truly is a safety problem because in essence, my view does not have a front end. Part of this is the height of the seat, and the other part is that the front end slopes deeply, so I have little reference for distance. So, does a non electrical driver seat have a manual adjustment?

8. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Of course it is not electrically adjustable. The lower trim models have manual adjustments, including height. I always set it to the bottom, my spouse always moves it to the top.
    o_O:eek::whistle:

Yes, it does have a manual adjustment. Open up the Owner's Manual for details on how to adjust it.

This case isn't a car maker safety issue, it is an operator error.