1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's Seat Remounted 3.75" Back

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by cycledrum, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Nortnarg

Nortnarg Prius~To go before

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Well Dang!
    I am so sorry to hear this did not work out for you.
    I really need my seat back farther and am considering some sort of mod on the seat. My long legs (6'5") need a few inches more.

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a used 06 Prius driver's seat w/ airbag to modify. $300 from a local junkyard. Was tough to locate and drove 60 miles to get it. One side of the lower frame is a bit rusty, but overall it's in decent shape. And it's light gray, but with darker trim on sides.

No wonder I'm totally against any mods to my original seat from the car ....

the 06 - 09 Prius driver seat w/ airbag from Toyota is sold only as a whole unit (no parts available), and the discounted price is over $2,300 US + tax

That figure is not a typo.

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    btw,

07 Corolla driver's seat w/o airbag, assembly weighed in 41 lbs

06 Prius seat w/ airbag - 39 lbs.

So, the Corolla seat height adjuster weighs 2 lbs + weight of airbag and wire. No biggie.

4. griffycprius

griffycprius c11prius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I wanted to let you know about a company making seat extender brackets for the Prius driver and passenger. these can be purchased on priuschat at

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_in...roducts_id/146

these extend the drivers seat up to 4" and make driving a prius amazing!

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for making those! You got 'em for the passenger too ... nifty!

To the really tall folks who might be skeptical about steering wheel reach (since non-telescoping) after moving a Prius seat back a couple inches or so ....

not a problem. Once the seat bottom is moved back, bring the seatback forward a couple clicks to keep the steering wheel reach reasonable.