1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's side headlight goes on and off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by lilrdwgn, Jul 25, 2006.

1. lilrdwgn

lilrdwgn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently parked beside another Prius (04-06) and when I came back to my car 1 and half hours later, the other Prius was gone.
    Well, my Smart Key would not unlock the car but the key fob would. Thought nothing of it until I got home.
    When I got out of the car with the power off, the driver's side headlight would go on and off slowly.
    I called the dealership and they told me to reset the Smart Key system by turning the switch off and back on under the dash.
    That solved the headlight problem but the ? remains why did this happen? Smart Keys are that sensitive to one another.
    Prius's don't play well together? :)
    Anybody else had this issue?

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dloftis @ Jul 25 2006, 08:05 PM) [snapback]292368[/snapback]</div>
    Extremely doubtful the other Prius had and effect. First off, you don't even know if the other car had the SKS system. Secondly, the remotes use millions of codes, which roll over each time. Even if the other car was the same as yours, it only would have functioned as yours would have. Chances are it was some other "glitch". Keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.