1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's-side mirror replacement: 2013 Prius Two

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by USS Franklin, Dec 21, 2022.

1. USS Franklin

USS Franklin New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    While coming home from work tonight, my driver's-side mirror got totaled, when I clipped the rear corner of a small truck. (I'm fine, but the other driver fled the scene.) Anyway, while I got the cover back, the mirror is pretty much trashed: the glass is broken, the cover is knocked off, and it won't fold out again, rendering it useless.
    I'm sure that nearby resources available can fix it, but it looks like a complete replacement. This is a powered, but non-heated mirror.
    What can I realistically expect to pay to replace/fix this? And how the HELL do I drive to work tomorrow with a bum mirror?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You drive like you don't have a door mirror no big deal you'll be looking a lot I imagine I can set my inside rear view mirror and cock it all the way over where I don't have to do much looking plus usually I'm ahead in traffic and has nothing to do with car power. It should only take you a few minutes to locate a mirror in most towns in the USA eBay LKQ all of it there are junk yards on eBay that sell from mile long rows of Prius from states like Georgia USA that have miles of Prius in their junkyard mirrors are plentiful what would you pay locally I have no idea where you are. Here a door mirror replacement on the Prius is probably maybe an hour something like that it just plugs in and has three 10 mm nuts holding it to the portion of the door in the '80s we call these sail mirrors.