1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drivers side only smart key issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bench block, Apr 30, 2015.

1. bench block

bench block New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Recently purchased a second 'o4 Prius for household and have been sorting through its issues.
    The current challenge that I cannot figure out is the drivers side door will not smart key auto-unlock (which made me first think drivers side key antennae) - however it does unlock if I manually click the smart key.
    BTW all other doors proximity-auto-unlock with smart key.
    The lock motor issue that I've read about here seems to be eliminated as it does open with a click of smart key.
    I have occasionally lurked here over the years and recently searched for this issue, yielding no result.
    Thanks for reading and for any comments.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! maybe an antenna problem inside the door?

3. PriusInParadise

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So, your driver's door will lock and unlock when you press the lock or unlock buttons on the smart key,
    but will not unlock when grabbing the outside door handle. The front passenger door and liftgate operate normally. Is that correct?
    Does the driver's door lock when pressing the black square button on the outside door handle?
    If not, the driver's door outside handle or wiring may have an issue.

4. bench block

bench block New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, black button does not function, though it does on other side.
    I'll have to open the door up. Thanks!