1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's side rattle... Please help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ktyler2, Mar 17, 2015.

1. ktyler2

ktyler2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a terrible rattle by my left ear whenever I drive over about 25MPH. It seems to be coming from in between the front and rear doors on the driver's side. I have banged around on the plastics but nothing seems to fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just take this into a dealer?

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Have you checked the plastic floor pans fastened to the underside of the car to see if one or more fastenings have come adrift.

John (Britprius)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    seat belt?

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I would have a friend drive it and get in the back seat where you can concentrate on locating the noise instead of driving. we did that at the dealer alot to locate noises.

Okinawa likes this.
  5. ktyler2

ktyler2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'll definitely find someone to hop in the car with me. As for now, it sounds like it's coming from in between the two windows on the drivers side. I also noticed that if I pushed firmly on the front window with my left arm while driving, the vibration does not continue. As soon as I remove the pressure, the rattle resumes. I'm not sure if this means it is inside the window well, but for some reason this stops the noise!

6. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    sounds like you may have to take the door panel off and look inside. but I'd do the test drive first just to make sure.