1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driver's side rear tail light lens replacement (2013) needed?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mountaintodd, Aug 20, 2018.

1. mountaintodd

mountaintodd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    my wife bummed into something and cracked the rear driver's side tail light on our 2013 Prius II.
    Just wondering where the best (most affordable) place to get a original Toyota replacement? I don't want an aftermarket one! I'm thinking a good used one would be the most affordable route. Anybody have one, or know of a good used salvage yard is that will ship me one?

Next question. Are they easy or difficult to replace? Will I need a special seal or bracket too?

Thanks!

2. mountaintodd

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Actually, before I say NO to the aftermarket lens assemblies, does anybody know if they are an exact match? Good quality? Thanks!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    try camelback toyota

amazon or eBay might have an oem, does it have to be new?

4. mountaintodd

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It doesn't have to be new, but it good used and usable condition! I have purchased used parts before on Ebay, but I'm not sure whether the cheaper aftermarkets tail light assembies are any good, or if I need to be concerned about the used market in general? I found noticed that some sellers on Ebay say that "the lower bracket and mounting clip need replaced". Not sure where to get those parts too! Just want to see if anybody has any advice or recommendations for the do it yourself-er! Thanks!

bisco likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    start with a toyota parts counter. ask your questions, then decide what you need and from who.