1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drivers side window replacement Prius 2005

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tigerbeetle, Dec 26, 2013.

1. tigerbeetle

tigerbeetle New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have purchased the motor and assemble which connectors to the window. I have all the panels removed but I'm looking for instructions on how to install this new motor assembly and connect it to the window. Like what position should the assembly be when you attach the window to it? Also how do I remove the damaged assembly in order to replace it with the new one?

2. Kurzweil

Kurzweil Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    On most window jobs, and this one is probably no different, you lower the glass (or what used to be the glass) about a third of the way to get to the mounting bolts (2) with a socket wrench. If it can't be lowered (operator is bad), then open end or box end wrenches usually do the trick, probably 10mm. The operator/motor assembly mount to the door is usually a three bolt affair with a wire connector. There is usually a hole in the door near the top where you can support the window glass by inserting a #2 phillips screwdriver. Keeps the glass out of your way while you are removing and replacing the operator assembly down below. Substituting a nut and (long) bolt will often enable you to drive the car with the window closed, if needed. You shove it up there manually, after disconnecting the lower glass support from the operator (2 bolts).