1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Driving a Prius v hard...

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Pandus13, Jan 12, 2018.

1. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    Yep our 2010 Prius was driven by our daughter during her high school years....and it actually survived! (y)

She is in college now ( no car ) so the 2010 will now be driven by our son...who is eligible in a few weeks.

If we get the Prius v, it will be driven by myself...and our daughter when she is home from college.

Edit : My wife wants nothing to do with the Prius..she loves her Elantra GT!

#21 farmecologist, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    m.wynn, Raytheeagle and Prodigyplace like this.
  2. Cptvictor03

Cptvictor03 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V

My Prius V Wagon lives in the 75-85 zone. I love passing mustangs, audi's and AMG's screaming at the top of my lungs "YOU JUST GOT PASSED BY A PRIUS!!!!!!"

Aaron Vitolins and farmecologist like this.
  3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It will take high speed driving but I am pretty sure it burns oil much faster than say 60 mph or less. We have a 80 mph tollway east of I35 from San Antonio to north of Austin. No slowing for tolls, they take high speed pictures if you don't have a RF tag. Much of the time it's effectively a racetrack, in fact there is an actual Formula 1 track, Circuit of the Americas, along the way. It does handle pretty well at speed and the brakes are solid. It also puts a load on the inverter as well since every slight downhill starts regen at a massive rate. So the oil burning and inverter failures do occur on the Prius v. Speed related? Probably.

Air_Boss likes this.
  4. Pandus13

Pandus13 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Experience from Yesterday:
    Gen III Prius in front of me.
    Gen III Prius v in second lane.
    Of course we got stuck behind slow moving regular Prius,...
    Well after getting merged, Prius v pulls wide left across 3 lanes and proceeds at 90+mph.
    me: I needed more than couple seconds to pick up my breath from laughing so hard.....

Cptvictor03 and Aaron Vitolins like this.
  5. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    And the COTA lap record in a v is?

6. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I run this car into the triple digits every day. I'm on my third Prius. The first lasted over 200k before someone hit me. I still have the second and third. The second has 220k and still running. The third has 120k. They all pull trailers at wtfo. I have no issues but oil use, one head gasket at 210k, and new hybrid batteries at 200k. I do use 0w-40 in all of em to curb oil drinking

#26 douglasjre, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Aaron Vitolins likes this.
  7. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have a 2013 v #2...... 200,000 miles and it doesn't use any oil.... but the inverter went out. Toyota did fix it because it had the firmware upgrade before it blew.... make sure your Prius has the inverter-computer update or it's not covered when it blows....

douglasjre and Aaron Vitolins like this.