1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DRL Doesn't working

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Giorgi Diasamidze, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Giorgi Diasamidze

Giorgi Diasamidze New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hello everyone, I have one problem with my PHV. It is 2012 Prius plug-in advanced, USA Model, and I have a problem with DRL. This prius have toggle switch left side of steering wheel and it has 4 positions, from top 1. Headlights low beam on 2. Parking lights on 3. Auto and 4. DRL OFF. So as I understand from manual to have DRL on I have to be in Auto mode, Hybrid system on and parking brake released and DRL comes on but It doesn't working, also in head unit I have not option of Light settings to this way Setup- Vehicle - vehicle customisations. I tested all circuit and it seems when I shortcut two relay pins in the fuse box it's working all the time, which relay I'll show in attached picture, no matters ignition on or off.
    P.s. I also tried to enable DRL with OBD2 and Carista app from Customisations menu.
    DRL fuse and relays seems good.
    Can anyone help me with this?
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    In Canada at least, DRL’s will be on when headlight switch is off.

3. Giorgi Diasamidze

Giorgi Diasamidze New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    This is USA model.
    I tried with on and off. When Auto mode it have to be work.
    I can't understand this is software issue or hardware.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In my regular Liftback (not a Plug-in), the DRLs don't turn on until my parking brake is released AND I put the car into a moving gear (D or R).

When shutting down, it works different. Putting the car into P and setting the parking brake won't turn off the DRLs, they stay on until the ignition is shut down and the driver door opens.

But I also have different light switch settings than you show, I have a trim version lacking AUTO, so these functions may be different.