1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dropped something under drivers seat- access??

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Paul Bradford, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Paul Bradford

Paul Bradford New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry if this sounds like a crazy question but here goes. I dropped a piece of chocolate underneath the driver's seat and for the life of me cant get to it. Its somewhere underneath the wiring and plastic sensors. I want to get to it before it gets hot and melts and creates a crazy mess. There is a black plate in the back underneath the seat that has two arrows on it. It looks removable but its not budging. It appears that you're supposed to pinch the two plastic tabs on it to remove the plastic cover. Does anybody know how this works or have any suggestions??

2. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Is this the box that holds the tire jack & accessories? It should pop off. IIRC - just about the size of a phone book(???) YMMV

3. Paul Bradford

Paul Bradford New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    No i don't think so. Its underneath the drivers seat on the back side. It looks like a protective cover or a kick plate covering the springs and wiring underneath the seat.

4. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Unless you have a right-hand drive like us in Australia, then the object under the driver's seat is the jack, with a plastic cover as you describe. You would want to be able to get that cover off.

5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Haha... This is the most 'jacked' post I've seen in a long time... I wonder if anyone will suggest looking at the owner's manual? LOL... Too funny!

ewaboy likes this.
  6. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    LMAO! I'm one of those who looks at the owner's manual as a last resort. You can't imagine the time I've wasted because of this silly habit.:D

PriusCamper likes this.
  7. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think we should have a PriusChat owner's manual burning party... It'd help everyone be more interested in posting more often, which means more web traffic, which means more $$$ for the owner's of PriusChat! I mean they are already making more money by getting rid of the service that gives people links to likely answers before they post. Why not go all the way?

8. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There's a certain amount of frustration with the manual, though. The information one is seeking may be in there, but they make it awfully damned difficult to find sometimes. The index is in serious need of updating. The various drivers who have accidentally changed from MPH to KPH (or the other way around) should be able to look in the index under SPEEDOMETER and be directed to a page which tells you how to change that setting. I've not had this problem, but have assisted several other drivers who have... and it was this forum, not the manual, which showed me how to correct that issue.

B2FiNiTY likes this.
  9. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    +1 - Gotta agree - forum often supplies answers. Manual - as you mentioned - finding specific information on a problem is often difficult. YMMV

RocMills likes this.
  10. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    That's where the pdf version comes in handy. Ctrl+F, and there you are.

11. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Forgot about that - old age is really getting to me. I spent time looking at the PDF or some online version in Feb/Mar 2012 - while waiting for my C to make it across the Pacific.:rolleyes: