1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dropped spray nozzle intake manifold.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Victrola, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Victrola

Victrola New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was cleaning my EGR and intake manifold post my 2010 prius throwing a P0401 code. I was spraying air intake and throttle body cleaner where the EGR valve meets the intake manifold.

The little red nozzle straw that comes on the spray bottle rocketed into the intake manifold. I can't feel it or see it in there. I sprayed the rest of the bottle (which wasn't much) and plan to get a new bottle tomorrow and maybe some purple power because I assume it's stuck in the gunk still inside the manifold.

Any other way I can attempt to remove the nozzle straw? Does this exit down to the big hole at the bottom?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The manifolds presumably off the car? With 2010 the main EGR gallery goes full width of intake manifold IIRC. When I was cleaning mine I was able to illuminate and see down that gallery pretty good using my cellphone light. If you can spot it thus maybe you can get with a grabber tool?

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Have a shop Vac???

4. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If you can see the straw, use one of these.

If not, you might be able to use this.

Michael Wood likes this.
  5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Take the intake manifold off the car. It should be relatively easy to then get the straw out.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. Victrola

Victrola New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Intake manifold was off the car. I did not try and shop vac it, but should have. I used a pressure nozzle to try and spray it out. I used a bore scope to look for it. Couldn't see it. I ended up just putting it back on because the nozzle would have to make it out of the small hole at the top of the intake manifold and the likelyhood of that is low.