1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Drunk Drivers!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad you are ok.

2. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

These days drunk driving is akin to pre-meditated murder (or attempted pre-meditated murder) and should be treated as such. These aren't the good ole days in Texas when you could buy a case of beer at a dive through and be handed an opened 'one for the road'.

3. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Feb 19 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]392869[/snapback]</div>
    Texas leads the US in alcohol-related road deaths ( ref. article with disturbingly disfigured survivor > http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/features/2..._dwi/index.html )

4. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Feb 18 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]392429[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds like Westside [of Oly]! Sorry. That sucks. I'll bet that OPD had fun with that take down - considering they'll get you for j-walking!

5. jmann

jmann Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Feb 18 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]392632[/snapback]</div>
    This isn't my soapbox, but I am not a supporter of MADD. MADD wastes too much money on the things that don't count, is considerably ineffective, and and launches poorly thought out that campaigns for policy that sidestep real problems. Compare that to (just for the sake of subjective comparison) to the ACLU's effectiveness. I better stop here before I go on to explain that "MADD is worthless" (IMHO).

6. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Feb 18 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]392455[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Dave, sorry to hear of your predicament... it really sucks to share the road with these people!

I can attest to the quality of the bumper plastic - last summer I was victim to a parking lot hit & run that took out my rear driver corner. I came out to find my bumper popped out like yours. A gentle push popped it back in place, clips and all. I did have some scraped paint, which I ended up using touch up to fix rather than shell out several hundred $$ out of MY pocket to repaint the entire bumper.

A couple months later, some moron kid was driving aggressively his '91 Corolla on the highway decides cut off the guy behind me, in the rain, in the dark, in rush hour while traffic was slowing...... <<sssshhhhh>> <<thunk>>. :angry: Make that two impacts for the rear bumper. Pulled over to check the damage, there did not appear to be any (in the dark, in the rain), but collected his info anyway.

Took the car to the body shop to check it out, and there is a minor scuff mark that will likely buff out, but that's about it. Should have gone after him for some sort of compensation, but with no significant damage, I didn't have much of a case, and it would have been like getting blood from a stone anyway.

Ironically, it was the body shop that was discouraging me from spending any money to fix either of the above, as they said it is hardly noticeable "and it will happen again".

Anyway, at least I can say the bumper is good quality! <_<

7. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Liquor companies responsible for drunk driving deaths?...c'mon, how did drunkeness ocur during prohibition.

Suspend their licenses for a long time...so what...I don't NEED a license to drive a car. People under suspension frequently violte that law.

Let's release some of the drug criminals from prison and fill er up with drunk drivers.

Driving drunk SHOULD be considered attempted murder.

Lastly, why wouldn't Massachusetts be lenient on drunk drivers...wouldn't want to offend their senior US Senator would we?

8. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Feb 18 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]392460[/snapback]</div>
    Mass has had some really stiff DUI laws on the books, but none of them take effect until there are no longer any kennedy's on the road out there. There was a conflict of interest when they were drafting the laws because they wanted to stop drunk drivers, but didn't want their senators all in jail. So, they put on the temp exemption until the Kennedy's are out.

:lol: :D

9. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Feb 20 2007, 10:53 AM) [snapback]393246[/snapback]</div>
    The only thing the liquor companies and prohibition are responsible for is NASCAR!

10. kdailey356

kdailey356 New Member

Um, I had the same damage tonight happen to me because i backed into a sand dune at about 14mph and it was a piece of frozen, hard packed sand... i ran out because i thought i did a major crunch but it was minor and i just kicked it back in... Shouldnt be too bad here.

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    received call from my insurance adjuster advising me i was 0% at fault...duh... yea that was up in the air...

they still could not tell me if the other guy had insurance. they did say that if i had to file an uninsured motorist claim, it would be a $100 deductible...