1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DTC B1507 (Open in Turn Signal Circuit) in history; no symptoms

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Elektroingenieur, May 28, 2018.

1. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    During a routine Health Check with a Toyota Techstream diagnostic system, I found my 2016 Prius Three Touring had Combination Meter diagnostic trouble code B1507, Open in Turn Signal Circuit, in the history, but not current. I hadn’t noticed any problems with the turn signals, and all four turn signal lights and both indicators in the Combination Meter blinked as expected in turn, lane change, and emergency flasher modes.

The Repair Manual troubleshooting procedure wasn’t helpful, since it requires at least one malfunctioning light. The Active Test items “Turn Signal (Left) Indicator” and “Turn Signal (Right) Indicator” each illuminated the respective lamps and indicator. With IG OFF, the voltage across the auxiliary battery was 12.39 V.

Without any observed symptoms, much less a confirmed malfunction, I’m disinclined to go hunting for intermittent connections, nor to involve a dealer. After clearing the code from the Combination Meter so I can tell if it returns, I think I’ll close this one out for now as “No Trouble Found.”

alanclarkeau and krmcg like this.
  2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, could be a mystery and never reoccur. Do you recall any error warnings on the dashboard? Or possibly they don't regard it as an error worthy of a warning, but a log for service to check out.

Sounds a bit like my single event Brake Light Switch error which triggered just about every warning - as many are related to the brake system.

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  3. Dxta

Dxta Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As long as there wasn't a code logged in the computer for CURRENT/PENDING, codes,y guess could be it was an intermittent code.

In my view, there isn't anything to worry about.

Elektroingenieur likes this.
  4. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I didn’t see any warnings. I think you’re right that the fault is logged only as a troubleshooting aid: the New Car Features book lists the messages that the Combination Meter can display, and there isn’t one for turn signals.

alanclarkeau likes this.