1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DTC hybird ECU P01C1, P1100 and P0000

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Flying White Dutchman, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jawshoeaw

jawshoeaw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update: I found a bad solder joint in the connection to the CAN-View (brown wire). These are soldered pins, not crimped, so they don't take much flexing before snapping. To be fair to Norm, the plug was more likely abused by me than poorly soldered in the first place. I don't care really - I resoldered the pin and no longer have the problem going over bumps. (This was about three months ago). Out of the blue, I got the red triangle the other day, but this time there was no error code on CAN-View DTC screen. I "cleared" the code and the red triangle disappeared but the car would not restart after stopping and turning off power. So I thought I would clear the codes again but now CAN-View would not even turn on, even though the car allowed me to power up all the accessories. I was dead in the water! I wiggled the OBDII plug (which remember powers CAN-View) and got the CAN-View to come on, I reset the invisible code and then was able to start the car. Thought everything was great but then the red triangle appeared a minute later in driving. Now I was really worried so I went through same steps. I was still having trouble getting CAN-View to come on in the accessory position (virtual position, no key) of ignition but I got it to work. I was not thinking clearly at that time but I finally remembered Norm's advice of pulling BMS+ offline. That fixed the whole problem! :) So far in a few weeks of driving I have had no more red triangles.

1 person likes this.