1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dude, Where's My Avatar?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by tumbleweed, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Don-RI

Don-RI Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    FWIW, avatar's back, but update my signature and that's now gone. Does the box to edit the signature seem to be missing???

2. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine went back to the old avatar and I could not upload my current one...then sometimes even the old avatar gets distorted!! Too much stuff here and any changes can muck it up!

3. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This may be related if the site was hacked, but you can't currently use the regular message editor to reply to a post or post a new topic - you get no text entry frame to type your message.

I'm currently only able to post using the "fast reply" option (which still seems to work).

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Aug 27 2006, 10:08 AM) [snapback]310157[/snapback]</div>
    I had the same problem until I cleared my cache. One thing that's still down is the Profile Options so I can't even look at my old posts to see if there was a reply.

5. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Aug 27 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]310181[/snapback]</div>
    The rich text editor is still broken for me (both in Firefox an IE - tried clearing the cache and deleting the cookie). The old text editor seems to work OK.

Dave

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i'm seeing the same thing, Dave- have to use the fast reply to respond to a topic, can't start a new topic, can't reply to PMs.

i'm sure Danny is getting things up and working as fast as he can. the recovery of the site so far is very good-

Three Cheers for Danny!!

7. berylrb

berylrb Member

Hey Danny,

Don't know if you monitor every single post but prior to August 10 my avatar was working, now it is not, however, other things aren't working either, noticably the icons to edit messages (e.g., add URL). I've been back online since August 22, so about a week, so I thought I should say something.

Post August 22: I'm running Mac OS 10.4.7 (Tiger), Safari 2.0.4, I have the same issue in FireFox 1.5.0.4, although in Firefox I due see the text of the 'reply' buttons.

Prior to August 10: I was running Mac OS 10.3.9, Safari 1.3.2. So I don't know if it was the hackers or the new OS ... oh yeah, just checked another computer configured with Mac OS 10.3.9, Safari 1.3.2, and the same issue, so I guess the hack messed up at least this Mac user.

Again not complaining, just thought you should know, I imagine you have a lot of Mac OS Tiger users.

8. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay, I put my avatar back online, but can't add a personal photo. Also can't restore my photo album, I get the following error:
    failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 1112 of /modules/gallery/lib/gallery_library.php)

(there's more to it, but that seems like the relevant part). Apparently the whole directory is gone. I didn't try creating a new album, that might be the only solution, since it was created after March.

berylrb - I don't think the Mac OS version has anything to do with it, it's on the server end. I have a Mac at home with Safari browser (10.3.x) and XP at work with Firefox, same problems viewing on both. But I didn't try uploading files at work, since those are at home. Safari does show an icon with a question mark on the images that can't be loaded, whereas Firefox just shows nothing.