1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Nov 16, 2006.

?
  1. Starbuck's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dunkin Donuts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. McDonald's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 7-11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other - please name

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    [​IMG]

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 16 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]350323[/snapback]</div>
    Nope. You've gotta fry it, too. And as we in the South know (as the creators of the fried pickle, fried Oreo, fried Twinkie, and fried Snickers bar), anything fried is good. :D

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 16 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]350323[/snapback]</div>
    LOL!

But you forgot:

Swish around in a vat of melted sugar, then
    Turn on the "hot donuts" sign

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 16 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]350301[/snapback]</div>
    That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. I've been to both all my life and there's no comparison. Dunkin Donuts isn't even in the same league.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I prefer Dunkin Donuts for their doughnuts and their coffee. But there aren't any in the whole state. When I travel it's the first thing I look for!!!

6. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 16 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]350325[/snapback]</div>
    OMG! Peet's isn't just coffee, it's elixer!

7. chimohio

chimohio New Member

I love Dunkin Donuts but there aren't any around here - especially love the chocolate creme filled ones. Mmmmm. Not impressed by Starbucks coffee - also too expensive for what you get.

8. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Has anyone ever tried a Keurig K-Cup brewer? It brews individual cups and is incredible. The K-cups some in all sorts of coffee varieties and name brands and you can also brew tea, cappuccino and expresso. I never drank coffee until I got one of these machines in for the office. I'm even thinking about buying one of their home brewers.

9. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Nov 16 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]350165[/snapback]</div>
    Amen to that... obviously this poll was not put together with us Canucks in mind, or Timmy's would have made the list - in Canada they are bigger than Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks combined. :) In Ontario, there is one pretty much around every corner!

Interestingly, even better than a 'Store locator' on their website, they have a "trip planner", so you can find a location on your route without going out of your way. Now THAT's convenience! :)

My wife does have a softspot for the Starbucks holiday drinks though, especially that candy cane one. :p

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Nov 16 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]350325[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, yes, Peets. Damn good cup of coffee (as they used to say on "Twin Peaks").

11. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Best donuts (and begnet/sp and baklava) THE GOLDEN DONUT in lower Antioch TN. Their motto is "Simply Delicious, Simply the Best" and it's true. Best coffee: Same Day Surgery nurses' lounge at Southern Hills, where I work.

12. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 16 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]350301[/snapback]</div>
    I've got to disagree... i lived for 4 years just down the street from a DD, and raved about their donuts while they were there... then the family moved across the state into an area controlled almost exclusively by Krispie Kreme... when i couldn't find a DD in the phone book i was ticked off... then my dad brought home the KK, and i forgot all about DD....

But the best donuts i've ever had came from Presty's in Little Italy, Cleveland OH. they've since changed management, the name, and all that... but back in the day it was THE place to be - they had a bakery that was open by day (with the same name), and a donut shop that was open in the evening/night/morning (but not during the day). We probably went there once a week freshman year... midnight donut runs after playing ultimate by the street lights... man those were the days. burn off 1000 calories chasing a Frisbee, and then put it all right back on.

I will say, though, that KK donuts are only good within the first 48 hours of baking... and definitely the best when still hot.

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Nov 17 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]350744[/snapback]</div>
    That's the catch. It goes like this:

Hot, Fresh Krispy Kreme > Dunkin Donuts > Cold Krispy Kreme

14. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I also think Dunkin Donuts makes me feel more like a man. :D

Seriously, I'd rather stand in line with the construction worker, carpenter, welder, then a doctor, lawyer, graphic artist with ultra specific orders.

Of course, then there are days I feel the opposite.

But mostly, I wish I was the only one in line in either place.

I hate drive throughs,

or eating in cars.

It's vulgar, and obscene...

...like fine wine spilled into chicken soup of the "not" for the soul variety...

:ph34r:

15. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Nov 17 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]350744[/snapback]</div>
    KK Tip: Pop a cold KK donut in the microwave for a couple of seconds and it's nearly as good a freshly hot.

16. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Need my coffee to wake me up enough to get to the coffee shop, so it's home-brew for me. But when I DO wake up and get out, it's Caribou Coffee for me. If you are in one of depressed areas that doesn't have Caribou yet, you need to visit Minnesota to see what you've been missing, but they are expanding nationwide so be patient.

17. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I'm a cop...what else, dunkin...but what coffe...just donuts please. Actualy, since I work afternooons, my coffee is home brewed....Hamilton Beach Brew station.

18. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ohhhhh....I totally forgot about Bad-nice person Coffee Company...OMG...so good! And of course, the name rocks. Anyone else here tried it?

19. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Regarding a donut shop vs Starbucks, for me it's mood dependent and how much I feel like spending. Somehow I feel like I have to be more presentable when I go into Starbucks lol. For coffee, prefer the more Euro flavor of Starbucks, and again, am sometimes more in the mood for a low-fat muffin or coffee cake than a donut, however some days, just feel like dropping by a donut shop for the more casual comfort level and not spending too much to do it.

20. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    For coffee, Dunkin Donuts beats Starbucks hands down. Starbucks coffee might be good when you dilute it 50 percent with steamed milk and all manner of syrups, but it has got to be one of the most bitter coffees I've ever had.

I drink my coffee black. No cream, no sugar, no nothing. Dunkin Donuts' coffee is heavenly when drunk that way. Starbucks' coffee is just plain bitter.