1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Duplicate contacts when importing phonebook from iPhone

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tinkerpsu, Feb 13, 2012.

1. tinkerpsu

tinkerpsu New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi All-

I just picked up my 12 Prius (three with solar sunroof) from the dealer on Monday. I upgrade from an '09 III. I imported my contacts from my Iphone and synced it to bluetooth and all my contacts are showing up double. Every time I go to call someone, it asks me to pick line 1 or 2, which are the same number,

HELP!!

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Try deleting all contacts in the car, and importing contacts again. I've had no issues with my iPhone 4S.

3. EddieG

EddieG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm having the same problem here. Ever fix it? The whole thing of synching up the iphone to the Toyota has been ridiculous. Have already tried removing the phone and pairing it again, still getting duplicates. Not every entry, just some of them.

4. EddieG

EddieG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    By the way, one thing I noticed is that all of the contacts that show "linked cards" in the contact details (icloud, exchange) show as duplicate entries on the Prius. Any contact that doesn't have these linked cards shows without it. No idea what to do. It is really annoying to have them showing on the Prius twice.

5. SimiPrius

SimiPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    My wife is having the same issue on our 2010 Prius. She tried deleting and re-syncing, but it still brought in everything twice.

6. EddieG

EddieG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Fixed it on my iPhone 4s. The linked cards were for iCloud and Exchange (latter is Google Sync) and somehow these represent multiple addresses lumped under the same contact. iPhone consolidates them to one entry, but the Prius doesn't. I solved it by eliminating the Exchange sync option (I'm not sure exactly what I was using it for in the first place). You do this in iPhone Settings -- "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" under Accounts. Select Exchange, then flip the Contacts to Off. (Side note: You could probably do the same to iCloud if you'd rather get rid of that one. You don't need to get rid of both of them, just one of them). When you flip contacts off, it'll ask you if you want to delete contacts, say yes. When I go into the iphone contacts and select someone's card, I no longer see "Linked Cards" at the bottom. Next you establish bluetooth connectivity in the car, and then hit the Setup button in the car and select the Refresh option to have it refresh the car's phonebook. After that's done and you go back to your car's contacts you should no longer see the duplicate entries.

For a company that supposedly has the market on simple, I find apple's stuff to be needlessly convoluted at times (which is how I feel about the Prius's radio setup).

7. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Different problem. iPhone 4 and Prius doesn't see many of the iPhone Contacts. Sees some but no phone number and no address even though iPhone contact shows address and number.

Tried Refreshing the Phonebook list but no joy.

iPhone offers lots of fields and it looks like Toyota is only reading some fields. Not sure why Toyota can't read iPhone addresses for nav.

Is there a way to do an import of a CSV or other common format via a USB to the Prius Phonebook list? And will this get over written each time the Prius reads the phone book via iPhone Bluetooth connection?

8. Teddy76

Teddy76 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How do you guys transfer the contacts over the bluetooth connection?

9. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When you pair with your phone the phone's address book shows up. You can "Refresh it". Phone book is dynamic so if you follow the instructions above, it should eliminate the dupes when you next get in the car and it reads the phonebook.

You can upload you contact list via the USB port by saving it as a .vcf file to USB drive and putting it in the USB port on the Prius. This is explained on pg. 56 of the Display Audio Manual "Quick Guide" section.

This will put the USB drive's contact list in the Prius's "Stored Contacts".