1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Duplicate songs w/ USB?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Kurt Weiske, May 6, 2014.

1. Kurt Weiske

Kurt Weiske Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm new to my Prius - excited about being able to copy most of my music to a USB drive and bring it with me.

I've noticed something weird where some albums will show duplicate song titles. Others display fine. When I take the drive out and look at it in Wndows Explorer, I don't see any duplicates. I've even tried a dupe checker to see if I accidentally dropped extra copies in another folder.

I tried a second USB drive, same result, different albums.

Has anyone seen this effect before?

2. Kurt Weiske

Kurt Weiske Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    BTW, this is the basic display audio system with Entune, not the JBL system.

3. Lala

Lala New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I could have written your post myself as am having exact same issue with my 2015. Any luck figuring this out?

4. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There is an entire section devoted to this. Many of us have nearly lost our minds trying to fix this. Type in "USB" in the search window, grab some coffee and blockout the rest of your day. I finally gave up and just made folders. The main issue is that because the radio is not windows, linux or Apple based, its so universal, it accepts any format and attempts to file them. Such a mess. Good luck.

Lala likes this.
  5. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've not seen this, but try formatting the USB drive before moving files to it. The head unit might be picking up some kind of data ghost on the file directory.

6. Lala

Lala New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Lord, I just typed in USB as Montomery suggested and there's so much info! Can you tell me what you meant by folders helping? Also, do all songs play as it seems to skip over some of mine. How can such a great car have this issue as it seems so simple! The USB I used was brand new, should I still remove it and reformat. Thanks!

7. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What I did, and I hope it helps in your case, is took the built in software of one of my MP3 players I use at the gym and installed it in my fresh new USB drive. Since the Prius recognized my MP3 player, using its software on my USB drive solved all the issues. Now my prius sees all the files, names, doesn't skip or "hide" files in strange places............it just works. Hope this works for you.