1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

dutch prius roadtax free in 2010

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by Flying White Dutchman, Jan 2, 2010.

1. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Apparantly the gen 2 is, but won't be for long.

Boris to hit hybrids with congestion charge - Times Online

2. kiknik

kiknik New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    new here.
    does anyone know about road tolls/taxes in EU, esp. hungary, austria, france, italy? i've heard that there are some benefits/exemptions for prius/hybrid vehicles, but no confirms yet.
    thx, nik

3. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    In Germany the Prius 3 pays 36€/year till 2014 in "car-tax". This is due to the fact that since 2009, new cars are taxed based on how big the engine is (2€/100cc) and each extra gram of CO2 output after 120g/km. This limit will be lowered to 110 in 2012 and to 95 in 2014. After that I don't know. And these limits will be valid only for newly registered cars, so I don't know what will happen to the Prius.

More information here.

This could mean that the Prius will pay only the engine displacement part of the "car-tax" until at least 2014. Considering we are at around 90g/km (depending on version with/without bigger 17" wheels) it looks pretty good in terms of taxation for the Prius in Germany.

4. Nandros

Nandros Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just 3 euros per year here in Greece for roadtax :D