1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dynamat installers, Chicago area

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Willco Electronics, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Willco Electronics

Willco Electronics Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm looking for a dynamat installer in the Chicago area. Does anyone know where I can find one in the southwest suburbs?

2. lech auto air conditionin

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you can not find a stereo shop then find a body shop and buy the dynomat your self. Every time a body shop has to do a major repair and replace floor pans they have to install sound deading mats. The trick to installing dynomat is to get the whole mat hot, it gets soft and pliable. A body shop will have large heat lights or infrared heat that can heat the whole mat at one time, then with small rollers and ends of round and flat pieces of wood to push and form the mat around corners, in cracks, over edges, ect. Like stereo shops body shops have a lot of experience removing door panels, seats, inner quarter panels. A good installation of dynomat and use of the right mat as there are different kinds you can make your car vary quite and make your stereo sound vary good to.
    I did all my cars that I installed good stereos in. when you are finished and close your car door, it should sound like a old big Mercedes Benz, when Benz used to be a good car " it's AWESOME !" What I did to my cars most people can not afford to pay to have some one else do it. It taks lots of time and Dynomat and Dynofome spray $$$ but it is worth it.

3. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I used Abt for mine. They were reasonable, given the amount of work I had done, and they stand behind the quality of their products sold as well as their workmanship. Talk to James in the audio department and tell him I sent you. I know it might be a hike for you, but it will probably be worth it in the end.