1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

E85

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Cheap!, Jul 9, 2006.

1. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wilco @ Jul 15 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]286903[/snapback]</div>
    I just had to repeat this. The lead in avgas will destroy your catalytic converter. Do not even think of using it!

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK I have a question here. Wouldn't you have to go to an airport to buy aviation gas? or do some gas stations sell it? The only thing around here that gas stations sell are regular, plus, super, diesel, and some carry racing fuel because of the local dirt race tracks. Racing fuel I can see a local gas station carry. But why would a gas station need to carry aviation gas? I don't see airplanes pulling up for full service. I could see the private aircraft owners getting a few gallons for ultralights and such but don't most of those just use regular gas? Screw the CAT my next fill up will be at the airport! ;)

3. wilco

wilco New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jul 15 2006, 09:44 PM) [snapback]287044[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, you do have to go to an airport, but there are little airports everywhere in North America. Back in the day when oil was cheap, avgas was a cheap (no road taxes) way of getting really high octane fuel. Now it's actually more expensive than mogas (car gas). The average local price for 100LL here is $4.25 vs $3.20 for regular car gas.

Another reason people used avgas was to get the lead. Back then a lot of the cars people raced were built when the gas at the corner station was leaded.