1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Earth Day B-Day in Rock Hill, SC - PriusChat will be there!

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by Danny, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    For anyone in the Rock Hill/Charlotte area, I'll be at the York County Museum for Rock Hill's Earth Day Birthday celebration. Since this year's theme is "Energy," I decided to get a table on behalf of PriusChat to demonstrate Hybrid Automotive websites and provide information about hybrid cars - mainly the Prius. If anyone is interested in stopping by and chatting, I should be there from 10am-2pm.

Map of where the heck Rock Hill, South Carolina is

http://www.chmuseums.org - Driving directions to the York County Museum can be found on their homepage

Here's the schedule of events:

Earth Day Birthday
    Saturday, April 30, 2005
    10am-2pm
    Museum of York County
    Admission is FREE!

Earth Day Birthday is an annual event celebrating the earth and our responsibility to it. This is your chance to make a difference, do something for the earth, have fun and meet new people!

This year's theme is "Energy" - Join us for a day of fun, games and music, including:

* Hands-on activities and music
    * Back by popular demand, SCRAP EXCHANGE!
    * Create unique art items from industrial scraps!
    * Live bees, bugs and butterflies
    * Treasure hunt for kids; the winner receives a new bike!
    * Pony rides ($3.00 per ride)
    * Visit Duke Power's 100th Anniversary exhibit
    * "Antique Rock Show" -Bring your rocks, fossils and bones. Let our experts provide you with additional information!
    * Earn "Energy Bucks" to use in the on-site Energy Store!
    * Buy a chance to win a Troybilt Chipper/Shredder valued at $400!

Schedule of Events
    10am-Opening Ceremony
    Steve McNeely, Chairman, York County Council
    Doug Echols, Mayor, City of Rock Hill
    Bob Sullivan, Chairman, Culture & Heritage Museums

11am-12 noon - Recycled Fashion Show
    Northwestern H. S. Environmental Science Club

10:30am, 11:30am, & 12:30pm - "Light Pollution" Program
    Settlemyre Planetarium

2. flyingprius

flyingprius New Member

Re: Earth Day B-Day in Rock Hill, SC - PriusChat will be the

Danny,
    I commend you for setting up a table at the Earth Day Birthday celebration. It's great that you are showing how Priuschat disseminates incredibly useful information of all kinds to people interested in the Prius. I wish I could join, but I'll be committed this Saturday. I think it's ironic that you chose Rock Hill of all places--- I was there this August on the way down to Florida. I stayed in McConnells with some folks, very nice area. I wish you the best of luck; hopefully you can post some good pictures!
    Flyingprius

3. tcooper185

tcooper185 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Earth Day B-Day in Rock Hill, SC - PriusChat will be the

This should be a fun event...there will be a 2005 Prius onsite for people to look at. Danny is going to be setup inside with Internet access and several laptops for people to peruse websites, including PriusChat.com. LCD projector to catch people's attention too. Stop by if you're in the area...it's free!