1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EASY EASY iPad Integration [COMPLETED]

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dster777, Jul 25, 2013.

1. dster777

dster777 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just wanted to share how I integrated my iPad into my 04 prius

What I wanted:
    • Easy use from drivers seat
    • No permanent marks to dash or panels
    • Ability to pick the iPad up and use from passenger seat while still playing music
    • Relatively discreet (theft purposes)

Now when you look at these pictures, youll see the bracket I made is VERY ugly. This is just my first prototype... and now that I know what and how I want to do it, i'll make another that is more cosmetically appealing. Ignore how dirty and dusty everything looks... i havent cleaned it since taking off panels and everything...
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

I already had an ipod adapter that I purchased off ebay (one of the ones that mocks a 6 disk changer to the oem stereo).

1. First I took that bottom panel just slightly off and slid in my brackets. Then I moved my ipod cord from in the glove box and pushed it under that panel as well.
    2. I purchased a cheapo ($1) back case for my ipad (ebay, from china)
    3. Figured out where I wanted the ipad mounted, and put the instant stick velcro on.
    4. Done. SO EASY!!!

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

The brackets are just little hooks at the top. I imagine you could use the ones you put over doors in your house to hang things from and bend them to work better than mine (and prettier). Mine are made out of old speaker wall mounts (used four total)

I found that this position is perfectly fine for use while driving.
    I also have found that with the smart cover up and on the iPad, you can barely tell its an iPad from the outside of my vehicle (all windows tinted, and the iPad is out of any exterior light because of its location)
    When the smart cover is down, it provides extra support keeping my ipad from shaking when I drive.

If you glance at the iPad, it looks like it is floating with no mount! So cool.

Now I have all my music, navigation, movies, morning news podcasts, etc. with me while I drive at all times!

Next I want new speakers, a sub, and footwell LEDS. And just so you all know: it's an 04 with only 58k miles:rolleyes:

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

JahT likes this.