1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Easy Marketing..

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by fattymoocow, Apr 16, 2012.

1. fattymoocow

fattymoocow New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Okay, so I took my car home to my family (2 hours away) yesterday and I was able to show off my brand new Prius 4 to my immediate and extended family (there was a baby shower so everyone gathered). I showed off my car and was happy to hear that three different family members said on their own, "This is going to be my next car!"

1. My mom said, "Wow, I want this to be my next car!" So she and my step-dad were completely amazed by my car and want it to be their next car. (Shame on them though, I told them 8 years ago they needed to get a Prius for themselves but of course no one listens to me! The Prius has been my dream car since I started driving in 2000 ;) Just never got it because I was given a car and did not need a car payment until absolutely necessary).

2. My younger brother rode with me on this trip so he already got to ride in it, but when my mom saw/got to ride in my car, I then heard her say to my brother, "I love this car, do you want me to get you one?" She offered because my brother currently is driving a super almost broken down 1997 Corrolla. My 23 year old brother said no because he wants to buy things himself. At this point I had wished and thought to myself, "If you would have asked me, I would have said YES! You could have bought me my car!" lol. ;)

3. My aunt saw my car and kept telling her husband, "This is going to be our next car! I can't wait to get 50mpg, I am tired of paying so much for gas. Your car is so pretty!"

4. My cousin reiterated these sentiments and said she loved my car and wants one too!

So I'm just wondering, did anyone else convert friends/family just as easily as I was able to? I didn't even do any marketing, I just wanted to show off my new car! :D The fact that all these people wanted this to be their next car was just a bonus.

2. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The first day I had my new Prius Four at work, I showed it off to one of my colleagues. He is now plotting and planning and has sold his wife on the idea. Plus he's selling Prii to all of his friends... and he doesn't even have one yet!

So, yeah, it's pretty easy to market.

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    WoW, Great Story! Welcome to PC and Best Of Luck With Your New Ride!

1 person likes this.